Afraid of repo please read!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kansas1960 View Post
    Is it better to keep your money in a bank rather than a CU? I have 5 accounts in my CU.

1. HELOC zero balance
    2. Overdraft protection zero balance
    3. Checking account currently use to pay all bills and DD of my paycheck.
    4. Second checking zero balance.
    5. Personal Line of Credit zero balance.

When I do a BK will all these accounts be closed and will they "freeze" my checking? I have been with them for 10 years and have paid off 3 cars in the past.
    For what it's worth. I opened new accounts at a new credit union when I knew that bankruptcy was imminent. The new credit union was just checking and savings and they didn't even miss a beat so there's no reason to expect them to freeze anything if they aren't involved with your bankruptcy. I could see them revoking lines of credit if they find out but I wouldn't expect problems.

The two credit unions I did bankrupt were virtually empty when I filed. I'm not sure how frozen they became but I still have online access to my accounts and even a small balance at one credit union that's been tempting me to take. They might have refused transactions but there's absolutely no sign that anything actually changed despite making them write off a bunch
    Discharged November 2008 100 days after filing no-asset Chapter 7. We intended to let a two-year-old vehicle go back to the bank and reaffirm an inexpensive ten-year-old SUV and our home mortgage. In the end we surrendered ALL of our vehicles and reaffirmed NOTHING. We'll "ride through" our mortgage after the court ruled it an undue hardship.

Comment

I opened a new checking and savings account at a local credit union in March, and filed in August. I had no debt with them. I have had absolutely no issues with these accounts, but I can't imagine them pulling a credit report on a deposit account (especially once it was opened... and considering that they have not requested permission to do so.)
      Filed 8/08 - Discharged 11/08! Not tracking FICO.
      Pre-Bankruptcy Net Worth: -$72,000... Today's net worth: $142,000.
      If your FICO score just went higher than your net worth, and you are happy about this, you might have a financial problem!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X