No announcement yet.

What to wear to 341 meeting

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Just because you are so called bakrupt doesn't mean you don't have clothes in your closet to wear. Nobody expects you to buy new clothes. What kind of price did you put down for the value of your clothes? Not to mention unless you didn't spend money on your clothes if you had a good amount of money coming in you should have something to wear. How much does your budget say you spend on clothes?
    FILED CH7: 03/20/09
    341: May 11th, 2009
    DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Comment

LOL my kids have lots of nice clothes appropriate for any and every setting.
      Ch 7 Filed: 4/27/09
      341 Meeting: 6/11/09

Comment

at our 341 it seemed the people dressed in jeans and below were treated different from those dressed in business casual and above. We went last so I had a lot of time to look and listen. we did like most of you, business casual. I wore slacks and a button up dress shirt (my suit minus the jacket) with loafers. I didn't want to wear my jacket. I was worried it would have been to much. I was wrong, it would have been just fine
        Filed CH7 1-28-09
        341 3-6-09
        Discharge 5-15-09
        Closed 5-15-09

Comment

My budget says $50.00 per month--which is probably a little more than I actually spend. My total clothing was around $250.00--that's garage sale prices, though, of course. I really don't have very many clothes, but the pieces I have I really love.

I love fashion, but I hardly spend anything on clothing. I am a Thrift Store addict (have found wonderful Jones New York items etc. in Thrifts with tags still on) and I am also very anal about my clothes. (HUGE understatement--LOL) I love classic styles and I keep my clothes forever! The shoes I wore I've had since 1988 and the coat I wore I've had since 1985. (yes, that's '85). I've had the shoes resoled and the coat sleeves and pockets restitched. But they look like I just bought them and they still look like they are in style--well in a classic style for my age group anyway - I'm 53. I am the type that would buy one really good piece of clothing and keep it for years! (my dressier clothing that is) Casual stuff I usually purchase at Thrifts or on good sales, but I still keep all my clothing forever and I only buy stuff I really, really like. And I try to keep it in really really good shape--admit I go overboard here.

Comment

Casual is fine

Had my meeting on 5-12, downtown Los Angeles. I felt over dressed in kaki pants and nice shirt compared to most others there. Some where in biz attire, some in dirty shop uniforms. A few wore beach shorts/tank tops/sandles. Most wore VERY casual clothing, like someone posted, dressed like shopping at the supermarket.

Comment

Good thread. Me and my husband don't own anything nice anymore. I have a short sleeve white sweater that I bought at a garage sale and black dress slacks that I will probably wear. I do think that I'll leave my wedding ring at home though since it is close to my exemption value. My husband works in a plant nursery and definitely doesn't have much nice to wear. But I think we can dig up something for him that's respectable. I hadn't thought about not wearing perfume. I guess some people put that stuff on pretty overbearing hugh?
              CH13 filed 5/21/09; 341 6/17/09; confirmed 7/14/09]
              Discharged: 7/25/12

Comment

Seems like there is quite a variety depending on area of the country etc. I did not get any instructions on dress in the packet of information on my 341 that I received from the court. And the descriptions of the types of dress I observed were from the limited (5 including me) people I saw that day. I'd say common sense is the best guide.

Comment

I think perfume is okay as long as it is very subtle (in other words you'd have to be extremely close to smell it). You are right. A lot of people really overdo it.

Comment

Okay so I've lost weight and haven't had money to replace my clothes. I have several pair of jeans and t shirts. The only nice outfit I have is a really nice shirt, black slacks and high heels that I had to buy a few months ago b/c my aunt died. It looks really great and really dressy but also really expensive.

Do I wear that or my jeans? My meeting is Friday. Oh yeah, Dh has to go to work immediatly afterward so his work uniform okay? It's jeans, steel toe boots and a long sleeve Nomex workshirt with a collar.
                    4/09 Converted to a Ch 7 due to loss in dh's income
                    5/09 UST now involved no idea what happens next
                    7/09 UST has decided to withdraw his motion to dismiss!
                    7/27/09 DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

We live in a large city known for it's casual dress community. Even business people don't wear suits to business meetings. I saw everything from jeans and tee shirts on men to sleeveless tops and shorts with sandals on women. About half were dressed in business casual for us- Docker type clothing on men and s/s dresses or matching pants/tops on women. A couple of people had work uniforms on. No one was treated differently by how they were dressed. Our trustee was a bk atty himself and the proceeding was professional and equitable to all.
                      Ch 7 filed: 3/30
                      341: 5/12
                      Discharged and Closed 7/20: Now known as- Free Willy

Comment

I just got the email from my atty's secretary and she said capris are perfectly acceptable, but NO flip flops. I guess I'll have to borrow some close toed shoes. I've got a horrible case of the flu and I hope that by Weds I won't be germing up the entire procedure.

Comment

you are frikin funny

Originally posted by dingdong View Post
                          Yeah, I just wanted to show that I had no Assets!

HAHAHAHA

( just kidding, I am really much more modest than my post let on, just like a little humor now and then)
                          Sometimes I login just to see what you posted today!
                          Retained Attorney= 03/13/2009
                          Filed No Asset Chapter 7= 03/31/2009
                          341 Done= 04/27/2009
                          Discharged= 07/16/2009

Comment

341 meetings are open to the public, you can always go a few days ahead of your appt day just to check it out and observe.

Comment

I am glad someone bumped this thread up again. My 341 will be in June - I actually have a whole month to wait yet but I am still thinking about what to wear.

I didn't receive a list of tips on what not to wear. My lawyer said casual and the 341 notice said "dress casual". To me, casual is my broken in jeans and various hippie style stuff. I am thinking it might be too slackery looking for a official meeting like this.

I do have some nice skirts (well I consider them nice) but I think most people would consider them "funky" and I think they might be too Hippie for something like this. The plainest nicest skirts I own are made out of hemp (and no you can't smoke them but most people are so ignorant about hemp fabric that wouldn't believe it so I think it is on the safe side not to wear them). I have no dress pants and anything else I own that does not fit into the hippie category is club type or super casual stuff that is definately inappropriate.

Just to be on the safe side I plan a trip to Old Navy and Target to raid their clearance rack. I will need some business casual stuff for job interviews once this whole thing is over with anyhow.

But I think the basic point for the dress is don't wear anything that looks like you could sell it to pay your creditors - so obviously no jewelry that looks expensive or fur looking clothes or expensive designer stuff. I think this is why they say "dress casual" so you will purposely leave your expensive looking dressy stuff at home. No creditor is going to care about a pair of $10 pants from Old Navy.
                              "I broke, I broke, it's off to Chapter 7 I go"
                              http://queenfluff.blogs.experienceproject.com/
                              1st meeting w/ Lawyer: 4/3/09 * File: 4/30/09 *341: 6/23/09 * Discharged 8/25/09!

Comment

Originally posted by MrSmithster View Post
                                Most wore VERY casual clothing, like someone posted, dressed like shopping at the supermarket.
                                Not such good advice. I have seen many people shopping in PJ's and lounge pants. LOL
                                FILED CH7: 03/20/09
                                341: May 11th, 2009
                                DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                                Working...
                                X