rental home

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

rental home

im am surrendering my home in chap 7. i am filing next week. i signed a lease and moved into a rental property and my lawyer said thats fine. i didnt tell him the rent amount and he didnt ask. it is though 800 less a month then my mortgage. is there any reason that i would be kicked out of my rental by trustee or is my new rental a nonissue. also if i have a private landlord they cant find out about my bk right?

thanks just nervous about EVERYTHING. maybe trustee saying my rent is to much or whatever. but i figure its alot less then a home i could keep if i wanted. im assuming the new rental wont even come up at 341 meeting, is that correct?

The trustee is looking for assets he/she can sell to pay your creditors.
    and no it should not come up at your 341 meeting
    Chapter 7 07/30/2008
    341 09/17/2008
    Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

thanks, now that im getting close to filing im starting to get nervous, been waiting almost 6 months....which i hope is good

Comment

Bankruptcy is public record to technically your landlord can find out about it if they tried. No notice is automatically sent to them or anything though. Also, if they run your credit it will appear there as well.

Comment

We own a 1996 vehicle outright that is worth about $7000. We also have a vehicle we are upside down on about $11,000 that we plan on letting the bank repo. In addition, we have a 3rd vehicle that has about $10,000 equity in it. We still owe $10,000 on the 3rd vehicle. Will they make us sell the vehicle that is paid for to pay creditors?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X