top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

did anyone file to surrender car but just kept paying?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

did anyone file to surrender car but just kept paying?

i know ppl checked to reaffirm on the statement of intent, and just never reaffirmed but did anyone sign they would surrender and kept paying? we filed the amended statement to surrender as we did not want to reaffirm but we are going to continue to pay ... interesting to see if they will come and take it while they are sgill getting paid...
    B x
    filed Ch 7 Oct 31st 2008.
    341 Dec 10th 2008.
    DiSCHARGED Feb 10th 2009

We indicated we wanted to re-affirm our car, and it was discharged anyway. We are setting up arrangements now, to continue paying so we don't have to surrender it. I'm not sure if they will come get it, but I won't keep paying if I am not going to eventually get the title. That's my only worry. I'm not renting this thing.

Comment

I checked reaffirm and called the bank and told them to come get it a week after discharge. I would have turned it in sooner but i needed it.
      Chapter 7 07/30/2008
      341 09/17/2008
      Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

So far so good. Citifinancial has been really cool with all this. Sent me a letter of my payment history, showing what I still owe, and I set up my payment plan to work with my payday(as a teacher I get paid once a month). If we could just get our house sold, we'd be able to pay both our cars off, move into my inlaws basement for a year(they have an awesome finished basement, two bedrooms, kitchen, the works), and take all that money and horde it away.

Comment

do you have equity in your house?

if not why not just walk away?
          B x
          filed Ch 7 Oct 31st 2008.
          341 Dec 10th 2008.
          DiSCHARGED Feb 10th 2009

Comment

Originally posted by CurtInKS View Post
            We indicated we wanted to re-affirm our car, and it was discharged anyway. We are setting up arrangements now, to continue paying so we don't have to surrender it. I'm not sure if they will come get it, but I won't keep paying if I am not going to eventually get the title. That's my only worry. I'm not renting this thing.
            As far as I know you will still receive the title once the car is payed off.
            Filed Ch 7 - 07/10/08
            341 Meeting - 08/13/08
            DISCHARGED! - 10/15/08
            CLOSED - 10/20/08

Comment

Originally posted by laurannm View Post
              As far as I know you will still receive the title once the car is payed off.
              Yes you will there is really no need to re obligate yourself
              Chapter 7 07/30/2008
              341 09/17/2008
              Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

If you decide not to reaffirm, when will your car be taken?

I'm thinking about not reaffirming my car because I plan on moving to Boston in Aug where I won't need a car. I haven't even filed yet, so I don't know what the timeline looks like. Any suggestions?
                Filed Chpt 7: 3/20/09
                341 mtg: 4/29/09
                Discharge: 6/30/09

Comment

Originally posted by Clover329 View Post
                  If you decide not to reaffirm, when will your car be taken?

I'm thinking about not reaffirming my car because I plan on moving to Boston in Aug where I won't need a car. I haven't even filed yet, so I don't know what the timeline looks like. Any suggestions?

It can be the day after discharge, or it may be longer. I know that if you mis payments- typically 90 days late they come looking for it.
                  Filed: 11/25/08 - chp 7 no asset
                  Discharged: 2/24/09 CLOSED 3/7/09!

Comment

On the title question... You should receive the title but beware of credit unions that cross collateralize.

Comment

B65 - How did that work out for you? I am thinking of doing the same thing.
                      Chapter 13 Filed (Pro Se) - 9/30/09
                      Confirmation Date - 12/1/09
                      Stats - $1752/month, 29/36 completed, 4% to Unsecured, Lien Stripped 2nd Mortgage

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                      Working...
                      X