answer anyone?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by deadmonetree View Post
    okay so if i transfer the debt back to me and they object what is the worst case senario? i still owe the 12000 is there interest with that if they make me pay? can they make me pay more than we can afford? I just dont want to have the debt with my mom anymore my mom is not the type of person you want to owe and yes i got my self into this. I forgot my mom likes to have things over people

This is what got my CH 7 UST bearing down on us for the past few months. We took a BT offer and deposited the check into our checking account, then used the same amt to pay off a higher interest CC. Because it is a "deposit" of a convenience check--the UST is saying (not officially on record but to my attorney) that they will not let our case go forward as a CH 7 and will fight us all the way.

While I do see their point, we were simply moving our balance from one card to another. We were not cashing the check and keeping the $$ in our account. On paper, it looks like fraud to them and they can try to throw the case out if they want.

Why not consult with a BK attorney in your area who has good knowledge of your local UST office? If my family had found this forum and known to do that ahead of time we would have waited to file and we wouldn't be headed for a CH 13.
    11/18/08 filed CH 7; 341: 12/11/09, cont'd to 01/06/09
    03/21/09 341 hearing for CH 13
    04/27/09 Confirmation hearing for CH 13
    $199/mth for 60 months + $9K 2008 income tax refund

Comment

so are they making you file 13? if you dont mind me asking how much cc debt and are they making you keep all of it? doesnt that have to be paid off in 5 years?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X