341 today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 today!

My 341 is today at 4pm EST. I'm going to go an hour or so early and watch the people ahead of me. I met with my lawyer 2 nights ago, and she gave me some pointers for today. She said my Trustee is very nice, but asks "a lot of questions." Great... lol. She said she's very detail oriented. Personally I think my lawyer is overly detailed (not a bad thing!!) b/c my 2 cats are listed as "assets" (albeit monetarily worthless ones) on my petition. I thought that was weird but, whatever. Wish me luck! I will update after.
    Chapter 7 Filed: 12/22/08
    341 Meeting: 1/22/09
    Discharged and Closed: 3/24/09

Good luck today!

Our lawyer listed our cats as well..with a value of $50
    Filed Ch 7 - 07/10/08
    341 Meeting - 08/13/08
    DISCHARGED! - 10/15/08
    CLOSED - 10/20/08

Comment

Asset!

Don't they mean "dependants"

Have they seen the vet bills for these assets? My porker cat eats more than my kids!

Everytime you go to the vet is at least 200.00 bucks!

Still looking to marry a veterinarian!

Yoo hoo, hunky single vet , are you out there?

Just joshin, I love them all! ( my pets)

Comment

Good Luck
        May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
        July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
        September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Best of luck to you!!! Hope your 341 goes well today!! Let us know!!

Comment

Best of luck to you!!!

Come back and update us on the details on your 341!!
            May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
            May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
            May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
            9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

i have a white shih tzu that i had to list as worth 300$. Anyone want my neurotic inbred dog? $300?? any takers? come on?
              Read the Blog: My Personal Experience With Bankruptcy

Comment

Originally posted by CatsInTrouble View Post
                i have a white shih tzu that i had to list as worth 300$. Anyone want my neurotic inbred dog? $300?? any takers? come on?
                I will trade you my 30lb cat that begs and cries for food all day,( even though he is obviously well fed!) for your neurotic Shitzu. Be prepared to spend 20,000.00 per month on cat food though!

He likes dog food too, so you can just feed him any leftover that you have.

He also attacks hamburgers if you bring them home. I think he has that disease, kind of like gender disassociation ( where girls are born in boy bodies) but his is species disassociation, he is really a pig in a cats body.

Comment

Originally posted by dingdong View Post
                  I will trade you my 30lb cat that begs and cries for food all day,( even though he is obviously well fed!) for your neurotic Shitzu. Be prepared to spend 20,000.00 per month on cat food though!

He likes dog food too, so you can just feed him any leftover that you have.

He also attacks hamburgers if you bring them home. I think he has that disease, kind of like gender disassociation ( where girls are born in boy bodies) but his is species disassociation, he is really a pig in a cats body.
                  LOL!! Come on, he's probably less than 30 lbs, right?
                  9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Exempt the pets!

Hi gang...

For those who have not yet filed... if you love your pets (As we all do) EXEMPT THEM... even if you value them at $1.00

Why you ask? When the appraiser came to my home, she told me a story about a family that had two pure bred cats, which they valued at $300 each. Well, like me, the trustee turned it into an asset case.

The family was over their exemptions had to surrender a bunch of property and had to move out of their home as well... they surrendered the cats to the trustee! Of course... they didn't get sold via auction and were actually going to be put to sleep. The appraiser took them. Unfortunately she had no way to contact the family and give them their pets back. So she ednde up keeping them... they (the cats) were not happy.

So even if you only value them at $1.00 put them on your schedules of exempt property!
                    Filed 10/11/08 - 341 11/23/08 - Discharged 1/26/09
                    2/19/09 Stipulation agreement reached w/trustee - Still awaiting Closed Status
                    Check my blog at Steve's Bankruptcy Blog Watch day by day what happens with a PITA trustee! - Web Hosting by Broadband Hosting Web Hosting

Comment

Wow..! I can not get over your Trustee, FloridaGuy!

Turning cats into assets...unbelievable.
                      Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                      Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Originally posted by liz417 View Post
                        LOL!! Come on, he's probably less than 30 lbs, right?
                        He is a mammoth, seriously huge, last visit to the vet, he was 28#!

Did you see that cat on the news a few months ago, Pricess Chunk, I thought I had a chunko until I saw that cat!

Google Princess Chunk, it is HUGE!

He was the tiniest little kitten when we rescued him, he was sick and skinny, he more than made up for it in the later years. He tries to jump on the dinner table whenever we are eating and seriously snatches hamburgers if you leave one on the table and turn your back for a minute, then he hisses at you if you try and get it back. He's weird, but we love him.

Comment

Originally posted by dingdong View Post
                          He is a mammoth, seriously huge, last visit to the vet, he was 28#!

Did you see that cat on the news a few months ago, Pricess Chunk, I thought I had a chunko until I saw that cat!

Google Princess Chunk, it is HUGE!

He was the tiniest little kitten when we rescued him, he was sick and skinny, he more than made up for it in the later years. He tries to jump on the dinner table whenever we are eating and seriously snatches hamburgers if you leave one on the table and turn your back for a minute, then he hisses at you if you try and get it back. He's weird, but we love him.
                          Oh yes, I remember "Princess Chunk!" Wow, 28# huh? That's pretty big! There was a poster here a few weeks ago (I'm SORRY I don't remember her name!), but her cat, Sabastian (gee, I can remember that cat's name, go figure! ) was a HUGE cat and she had the same problem, begging for food!
                          I can't believe he hisses at you!! Wow, he must be straving!!
                          9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by FloridaGuy View Post
                            Hi gang...

For those who have not yet filed... if you love your pets (As we all do) EXEMPT THEM... even if you value them at $1.00

Why you ask? When the appraiser came to my home, she told me a story about a family that had two pure bred cats, which they valued at $300 each. Well, like me, the trustee turned it into an asset case.

The family was over their exemptions had to surrender a bunch of property and had to move out of their home as well... they surrendered the cats to the trustee! Of course... they didn't get sold via auction and were actually going to be put to sleep. The appraiser took them. Unfortunately she had no way to contact the family and give them their pets back. So she ednde up keeping them... they (the cats) were not happy.

So even if you only value them at $1.00 put them on your schedules of exempt property!
                            Wow, what a sad story! Thank you, I will remember to exempt my animials (I have 6). What a horrible Trustee!!
                            9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Oh my god!

That is horrible. That is going above and beyond being an A hole trustee!

They were probably fixed and had no value as a purebred breed except for companionship.

What a weenie!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X