341 meeting tomorrow

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 meeting tomorrow

I am so scared. I know I won't sleep and I hope it goes as smoothly as most of you here have shared. It's for 11:30 am. I keep thinking the worse, but I'm trying not to. I'll come back and post after it's over. Wish me luck.
    Filed Chapter 7 Petition: 12/22/2008

341 Meeting: 1/23/2009

Relax... it will be okay. Mine was today and I was scared, too. Now that it's over, I'm wired! lol. It's a scary thing, but just think of it this way... as big of a deal as it is to us, the Trustees do this all day, every day, and we are nothing special to them. Just another case # for them to deal with.
    Chapter 7 Filed: 12/22/08
    341 Meeting: 1/22/09
    Discharged and Closed: 3/24/09

Comment

I know, I tend to get paranoid over lots of stuff, so imagine how paranoid I am for tomorrow. Good luck to you too on your discharge

Comment

I'm neurotic by nature as well, so I completely understand how you are feeling. It's the fear of the unexpected, like how big will the room be? How many people will be in it? Will they be staring at me? Every question in the book is probably going thru your brain. Try not to worry too much, and good luck!!!
        Chapter 7 Filed: 12/22/08
        341 Meeting: 1/22/09
        Discharged and Closed: 3/24/09

Comment

It will be over before you know it.
          Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
          341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
          Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

I just came back, it wasn't as scary as I thought it would be. She just asked basic questions, asked if that was my signature and asked for ID and Social Security number, that was it. No bank statements, then she said good luck. I was more scary waiting to be called than actually getting up there. She was nice but very stern. There was another lady next to her who was calling out the names and writing something down after the trustte asked the questions, does anyone have an idea who that could be? Could that have been the US Trustee?

Comment

That is usually just an assistant. Kind of keeps things rolling and takes notes for the Trustee, that is the impression I had anyway. My Trustee referred to the girl sitting next to him as his assistant.

Comment

Congratulations - I'm glad everything went well.

I wish more people would post their stories after 341 like you. It sure does ease alot of other people's minds.

We have not officially filed yet (our attorney is drawing up all the paperwork) and I am so worried about the 341. Well, to be honest I'm worried about alot of stuff right now. I just have to keep telling myself everyone else that will be there is there for the same reason we are and hopefully the trustee has seen worse (like more debt, etc.) than us and everything will be fine.

Comment

Thank you Katie, Yes, I am so grateful it was quick and painless, now it's the waiting time. She did grill some people, and from what I could hear, one question was to this lady, she asked her if she received a tax refund last year, she said yes and for how much, and then she asked if she would receive one this year, and her answer was no. Maybe she didn't work this year, but the trustee kept asking her questions. It was sometimes hard to hear because the room the meeting was in was not too big, so I was standing in the doorway, when it started to clear out, I went in and got a seat and waited to be called.

Oh yeah, not one person was dressed fancy, everyone had on jeans and left their coats on, I was dressed neat but casual.

Comment

I just found out that the that was the U.S. trustee for my district sitting next to the trustee. This happens all the time here. Does that cause concern? Can she hold up my case and ask for more documents?

Comment

Well, she can, but let's keep our fingers crossed that she doesn't and you are golden!!
                      BKForum Blog: The Journey

sigpic

Comment

Thanks Trixie )

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X