Is it my imagination?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it my imagination?

I keep reading here of how some of the lenders are giving people such a hard time yet mine have been as nice as can be - so far.

Chase, BofA and a couple of others have called several times - been VERY nice and offered to work with me.

Could this have anything to do with how much you owe them? If you don't owe much, they try to strong arm you but if it is a large amount they are nice?

Mine are from $5,000 to $20,000+. - jb
    jb - A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes.
    Filed - 2/27/09
    341 - 4/3/09
    Discharged - 6/20/2009

I have no idea what causes some to be more decent than others... our smallest account is over 10k and most agents have been nice to me. I think I had one bad call from Citi (out of dozens) and the people at Juniper are too manipulative for me so I rarely talk to them. I guess you can just count your blessings you're getting lucky!
    BKForum Blog: The Journey

sigpic

Comment

The less you owe, the more likely you'll be able to pay that back at pennies on the dollar. We just got a letter saying a collection agency will settle for 1/2 of what we owe on our HELOC!

Comment

Maybe, just maybe these outfits are finally realizing the fact that we are in a recession and depression.
        And of course they're also realizing that up until last week they were given huge gifts from govt. - 2005 bankruptcy laws, and of course those big bailouts.

Comment

I haven't had the guts to answer the phone yet but all the letters I've gotten so far have been nice and offering to work with us if we call. Problem is even if they said give me $1000 for the $10,000 in debt I still wouldn't have it to give. We just stopped paying in November though so I'm not sure how long they will remain nice especially since we aren't responding or answering the phone.

Comment

I stopped paying on an Advanta cc last month ($5k balance). Within a week of the overdue payment not being made, I've been bombarded with phone calls from Indians. They seem to start calling at 9am and carry straight through the day, sometimes I'll be talking to one and another will be beeping in at the same time. The past couple days, I've simply unplugged my home phone so they couldn't bother me.

Comment

Originally posted by Duncan View Post
              I stopped paying on an Advanta cc last month ($5k balance). Within a week of the overdue payment not being made, I've been bombarded with phone calls from Indians. They seem to start calling at 9am and carry straight through the day, sometimes I'll be talking to one and another will be beeping in at the same time. The past couple days, I've simply unplugged my home phone so they couldn't bother me.
              Mine start at 8am and they all seem to call in groups like 8am I get bombarded by every company. Then they start at about 1pm, then 5pm, then 8pm. The worst times since I have kids at 8am they wake them up with their calls then they start calling again as soon as they go down for naps, then dinner, then while we are getting ready for bed. Gotta love em.

Comment

Originally posted by housepoor View Post
                Mine start at 8am and they all seem to call in groups like 8am I get bombarded by every company. Then they start at about 1pm, then 5pm, then 8pm. The worst times since I have kids at 8am they wake them up with their calls then they start calling again as soon as they go down for naps, then dinner, then while we are getting ready for bed. Gotta love em.
                Sounds to me you need a phone with caller ID and a ringer off switch.

Comment

washington mutual is the worst! they start calling at 8 am till 9 pm. they are all from india as well and very hard to understand.
                  9/22/2009 - officially filed chapter 7
                  11/03/2009 - scheduled 341 - COMPLETED
                  01/04/2010 - last day for objections
                  01/11/2010 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

Comment

Originally posted by drowningNdebt View Post
                    washington mutual is the worst! they start calling at 8 am till 9 pm. they are all from india as well and very hard to understand.
                    That's really odd, because we owe WAMU over 30k and I think they've called us the least out of any of our accounts!
                    BKForum Blog: The Journey

sigpic

Comment

Originally posted by jktrading View Post
                      Sounds to me you need a phone with caller ID and a ringer off switch.
                      We do have caller ID and don't answer but I'm thinking about just turning the sucker off. We haven't told and don't plan to tell our 15yo that we are filing and it's getting hard to try and explain away the millions of calls a day that I'm telling her not to answer.

Comment

Originally posted by hnhlvr View Post
                        The less you owe, the more likely you'll be able to pay that back at pennies on the dollar. We just got a letter saying a collection agency will settle for 1/2 of what we owe on our HELOC!
                        Could you tell us a little more about this, such as what lender or CA and possibly what state? I assume you must be someplace where houses have dropped a lot and they are very scared of foreclosing on this heloc?
                        filed chapter 13..confirmed...converted to chapter 7...DISCHARGED!

Comment

I had debt with Bank of America, Discover, Wells Fargo, Chase, and Citibank...all were very nice to me.

Comment

I remember a friend who told me that the creditors called his neighbors and would tell the neighbors they needed to talk to them. Anyone experience this?

Comment

yes i was recieving phone calls for 2 of my neighbors. i guess they look up nieghboring addresses and call them to get to you. My mom has gotten calls for her neighbor also. They have no problem telling you what it is for either!

This is going to be funny... When I file this year I will be getting phone calls for myself, my neighbors and i also get call for "the Rainers" everyday Must of had the phone number before us and they arent paying either!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X