What else can I do???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

What else can I do???

I am or was just a working stiff making a little more salary than bills. I had been having some health problems and finally in August 2004 I was told I needed spine surgery. I had this done on September 3, 2004. Well, it was discovered during the operation that I had more wrong than the x-rays and the MRI showed. In short I am no longer going to be able to work at all. I am applying for SSI but who knows how long that is going to take to get started. I have about 15,000.00 credit card debt. That is all my debt. I have been told that Chapter 7 is the way to go. I am 59 yers old. I know this will mess my credit up probably for the rest of my life. Am I wrong by taking Chaper 7. As I said I have no assets. I own a 96 Ford Ranger and that is it.

chapter 7

The first consideration should be on your health and your recovery. If filing and erasing that debt eases your mind and allows you to live without stress and worry, then it is the right decision for you. Bankruptcy is a business decision. And for many, a very difficult decision to make. You should talk to a few BK attorney's in your area to get an idea of the process and also if it is in your best interest to file. Also, make sure the attorney is aware of your application for SSDI. Good luck and get better soon!

Comment

Rrockingmama,

you seem to be VERY adamant about hiring an attorney.

Is there a reason for this?
      BUSY running my own credit repair services! Sorry I don't stop in so often any more!

Comment

You may want to wait until your all your medical needs are met and you have completely recovered until you file Bk, so that you are not stuck with any bills after.
        Edyta...
        Discharged April 2005

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X