bank statements revisited...

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

bank statements revisited...

I know this has been discussed before, as to how many months they want to see, but I am curious about them delving into specific spending and income. In the last month I have been making almost double my income (not a lot to begin with) but this will not continue as my income varies considerably. It looks like a lot more because I was in school until last December and was living on limited means, finanacial aid and cc (to some degree). Will this be an issue?

As for checks written and other outgo from bank account - I am doing some personal research for some papers I am writing and presentations I am developing (which eventually will produce income but not for quite sometime) so I have bought a number of books on ebay (using my bank account via paypal). All have been $50 or less and most less than $20. Will THIS be an issue? Also, do they look at who checks are written to or is more income/outgo? 90% of my outgo is rent utilities, food, etc.

thanks!

I have to file pro se and Yes, I too am curious if you actually have to provide a copy of bank statements and how far back they would request them? Would they ask for copies of checks or who they were written too? How do you submit this info? Do you file it with the petition? I want to be totally prepared with no surprises. Thanks.

Comment

You should have 6 months bank statements available, but most likely they will not ask to see them. They did not ask about them in my meeting and do not offer up any information that is not asked for, but be prepared. Hope this helps

Comment

Curious about this also

I will be filing next month and my lawyer had told me three months but they may ask for more.......if they ask about prior income (just went back to work last December after receiving alimony for four years)...a lot of it went to drugs so you can only imagine the look on those trustee's faces when they're done asking me questions...but seriously...I just haven't kept alot; since I don't have a lot in my checking...just around $200 a month enough for my gym membership, gas & beer (lol).....but when they see my tax returns, if they ask...that's going to freak them out for sure...
        Filed Oct 2005discharged February 2007,Shapeless in the fire's glow, tell me if you think you know,
        Who it was we were below, where we've been and where we go

Comment

They will look at your bank statements for big sums of money spent in the last 3-6 months.....large checks you have written and big deposits........
          Normally they don't even fool with them though, trustee may just glance at them...

Minny
          Minny

"It's amazing the paths that our feet sometimes follow in life".

My suggestions are from "personal experience" and research only. Do not consider this as legal advice. Each bankruptcy case is different.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X