How much $$ can you have at the end of the month

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How much $$ can you have at the end of the month

I am curious, how much money can you have at the end of the month as left over $$$ before you can file a chapter 7?
    example: I paid all my bills and have $400 left to save towards retirement. Can I still file?

$400/month is disposable income is Chapter 13 land.
    Have you spoken with any bk lawyers?

Comment

I have not really spoken to an attorney. I told him on the telephone what I was going through and he mentioned the chapter 7

Comment

Originally posted by mintz View Post
        I have not really spoken to an attorney. I told him on the telephone what I was going through and he mentioned the chapter 7
        more details would help; but have you done a means test calculation? Are you under/over median income in your state? Legal Consumer has a pretty good means test calculator- that will let you know if you qualify for a ch 7 based on the info you provide.
        good luck
        Filed Pro Se: 10/16/2009
        341 Scheduled: 11/23/2009
        Last Day for Objections: 1/22/2010
        Discharged: 1/28/2010

Comment

I live in Texas and the the amount is $5,904 a month. We gross $6300 a month and $4000 is from a disability check that we have to pay tax on.
          What does this mean?

Comment

Originally posted by mintz View Post
            I live in Texas and the the amount is $5,904 a month. We gross $6300 a month and $4000 is from a disability check that we have to pay tax on.
            What does this mean?
            If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Together we make $6300 and we have around $400 a month left over after paying bills

Comment

Some of that may not be considered disposible income on your paperwork. My lawyer had me calculate everything in from what I need to spend on clothes, petcare, even tithe. Go speak with a lawyer in person, and they can help you figure out how it works in your state. If you're putting 400 into retirement and you are over the median income (sounds like you are,) then you are most likely headed for a 13 unless you can rework some things for your schedule.
                Filed Chapter 7 12/31/08 341 Meeting 2/3/09 No Asset 2/16/09 Discharged 04/08/09 :)

:yahoo: Closed 04/30/09 :yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X