Tax refund for those that are wondering. Missouri

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Tax refund for those that are wondering. Missouri

Ok, I finally heard back from my attorney. The Trustee wants $2675.00 out of my $5856 federal refund. They said in MO there is only so much they can exempt. So I am ok with this, but now when I check the status of my refund on the IRS website it says there is a delay processing.. I called and they said its due to the BK and that I would have to call another number to straighten it out. The Trustee just wants me to send her a certified check for the $2675. Now if I can just get through to the IRS to find out what they need from me before they can release my check.

has anyone else had this

not be able to get their refund because of an open bankruptcy?

My 60 days are up on Monday and we exempt $6k looks like we will only get about 2k back.. should i wait until after discharge to file?
    hope you get your sorted out.....
    B x
    filed Ch 7 Oct 31st 2008.
    341 Dec 10th 2008.
    DiSCHARGED Feb 10th 2009

Comment

I think they do some pretty extensive auditing on BK clients and go back several years just to make sure you filed your other years correctly. I am not sure though. I will report again tomorrow after I call them tonight.

Comment

Wow, the number I have to call for the IRS wont even provide any info until 8 weeks have passed since I filed my refund.

Comment

Ok, I got thru to the IRS. They said the Trustee requested the money directly from them....so....they will be sending them my ENTIRE refund and will let the Trustee send me my portion. Sounds like it could take weeks and weeks to get it............

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X