Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Today. Whew !!!

Hello Folks,
    My wife and I had our 341 meeting this morning. Piece of cake. Only standard, boiler plate questions. We were up there for about 3 minutes, max.

We are a family of 4 in the Eastern District of California and were about $1,000 per month over the income limit for the means test. Our attorney assured us we were not going to have a problem and he was correct.

Some stats on our case
    84k in CC debt
    Surrendering our house which is 150k upside down
    and a disaster of a rental property which is about 50k upside down
    Had several balance transfers and cash advances that were 9 months to a year old at the time of our filing and that we had made payments on until October. No objections so far.

From agonizing over filing chapter 7 for over a year, to getting to this point, I have to say that we have zero regrets about the decision.

My advice is for those who are agonzing over a BK is to make an honest assesment of where they stand and if they are going to be wallowing in debt for the rest of their lives. Do the math and be realistic about future income. If you know in your heart that you should file, get your ducks in a row, plan it out strategically and do it. Your friends will still be your friends, your family will still be your family and your in-laws will still be your in-laws. Well, 2out of 3 isn't bad.

Filed 12/31
    341 2-6
    Awaiting Discharge

Congrats on your smooth 341...60 days will be here before you know it!
    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Congratulations! You sound carefree! NICE place to be! Can't wait to get there myself.

Comment

congrats welcome to the 60 day club
        Chapter 7 07/30/2008
        341 09/17/2008
        Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X