Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Done - Closed - Moving On

We finally got our case closed - what a relief. People who put down people
    who have filed bankruptcy thinking that we all are nothing but a bunch of deadbeats have no idea what it is like going through this. The sleepless nights, the stress, feeling ashamed and like the biggest failures on earth. This is not a breeze it is hard work going through the process, but now we have a new beginning at the ripe old age of 51. For the ones who are just in the beginning of going through this, it will one day be over for you too even though at times it won't seem like it. When I pulled up PACER yesterday and saw that we were closed I didn't high five my husband but sat down and cried I could just feel the weight lifting off my shoulders. Thanks to everyone who posts here - it helped me get throught this.

Filed July 30, 2008
    341 Meeting Sept. 4, 2008 No Assets Case
    Discharged and Closed Feb.6, 2008

Well congrats
    by the way deadbeats is a term used to describe someone that pay off their CC every month.
    keep in mind bad things happen to good people.
    Chapter 7 07/30/2008
    341 09/17/2008
    Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Congrats! Thank you for the encouragement. The waiting game is killing me.

I wish you well in life.
      Filed Chapter 7 12/31/08 341 Meeting 2/3/09 No Asset 2/16/09 Discharged 04/08/09 :)

:yahoo: Closed 04/30/09 :yahoo:

Comment

Congratulations, good luck on fresh start
        May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
        July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
        September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Discharged AND closed the same day! WOW!! CONGRATULATIONS!!!! and well done. Here you go:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

"To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Congratulations on your new life starting now!
            Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
            Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Congratulations on your new life. I decided early on in our bankruptcy ordeal that I could either get mad and feel sorry for myself, or I could take control and admit that I'd made some mistakes. I also came to an understanding that life is a full contact sport and you get bumps and bruises along the way. That being what it may I decided that would rather finish the race well and get myself in competitive shape for the remainder of the journey instead of being a slave to debt for the rest of my life. Life is about learning and applying what has been learned. Congratulations, you have just graduated from one of life's more rigorous schools.......take the knowledge and apply it well to your future endeavors. Best of luck to you!
              Filed: 10/25/08 (No Assets, CH 7) :blink:
              341 Meeting: 12/4/08 :aggress:
              Discharged: 2/3/09 :clapping:
              Closed: 2/3/09 :yahoo::yahoo::yahoo::yahoo:

Comment

From someone who just got an attorney on retainer it's nice to read this. I'm paying him in full when I get my tax return and just want to get my life back to some kind of "normal" after all this.

Before I got here, BK was something that "losers" did when they got in over their heads. Well, in the immortal words of Beck, "I'm a loser, baby!"

I've come to understand that most people who end up here are good people with bad balance sheets.
                Filed Chapter 7 - 7/8/09
                341 - 8/24/09
                Discharged - 11/3/09
                Closed - 12/10/09

Comment

Congratulations and best wishes for your fresh, clean start!

Comment

Congrats and I wish you the best at your 'fresh start'....
                    May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                    May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                    May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                    9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X