consult today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

consult today

A million thank you's for everyone who has provided support and encouragement on this forum. I had an initial consult with a BK attorney this afternoon, and he said we should have no problem filing a Chapter 7 and that everything we own should be exempt. I am breathing so much easier now that I know this. My husband is still sleeping (he worked 3rd shift last night), but when he wakes up I am going to insist we fire the worthless private attorney "trying" to settle our debts and file Chapter 7. I feel like the weight of the world has lifted off of my shoulders. I know that filing itself can be stressful and the process of BK is stressful, but this makes me feel so much better just knowing we can do this.

An interesting side note is that for some weird reason I started getting very nervous a few hours before my appointment with the attorney. I don't know why that was, but my nerves were shot just thinking about the upcoming meeting. Everything was fine though and I was made to feel comfortable as soon as I arrived.

Thank you so much everyone for encouraging me to take that step and meet for a consult.

Hello,

Wow good for you.

I have recently found this forum and have done the same thing. I went with a Consumer Credit organization who pawned me off to a debt settlement company and i kept hearing horror stories. I recently quit with them and will be getting a bankruptcy attorney.

I also feel so much better. Feels like a weight has been lifted off my shoulders.

Comment

Good luck with getting DH on board... hopefully your FIL will back off and let you two handle this!
      BKForum Blog: The Journey

sigpic

Comment

Congrats and good luck with your path of financial relief. I too consulted with a debt consolodation company, wanted us to pay 2900.00 a month just for our unsecure debt, did not count vehicles, house, etc. yea right if I could afford that I wouldn't be in this prediculment.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X