opening checking/savings?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

opening checking/savings?

I never gave opening other deposit accounts much thought... I just tried to open a Wells Fargo account at a local branch and was denied. Prior to filing I was not in chex or anything like that so what gives? Is this just a matter of being in an open bankruptcy a few days away from discharge? Am I screwed working with my existing banks for the next few years??

The banker wasn't very informed as to why the computer denied me. He thought it was the BK and suggested it could be 2yrs before I could do something there and that it may also go through after the discharge but he couldn't tell.

www.skylight.net They don't care what system you are listed in or what your credit score is.

Comment

I opened account with no problem, SunTrust, of course I have no bad checks now or in past. The banks do a soft check meaning to make sure no history of bad checks.
      You can open online too.
      chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

I think that the big banks like Wells Fargo base whether or not they open your account on your credit score. I got rejected from Citibank because of my credit score. You may want to check out DCU (Digital Federal Credit Union). I just opened an account with them. They have awesome checking account features and also have a secured credit card with no fees. In order to become a member, you just need to make a small donation to one of the organizations listed on their page.
        Filed 12/24/08...a Merry Christmas indeed!
        341 Meeting 01/23/09 Declared No Asset
        Last day for objections 03/24/09
        Discharged and closed 03/26/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X