top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Where can you get a peer-to-peer loan immediately after a discharge?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
    Easier said than done!!! You don't just up and move a 3 bedroom house full of stuff across the country for nothing. Then you have to pay thousands for the rent and deposits once you move. Moving expenses can easily cost $2,000+. I need to stay in this house for AT LEAST SIX MONTHS to save up all that moving money. A day job far away has too much up front costs. Maybe that works where you live, but for us to relocate to Atlanta, Miami, Virginia or any other far away place for a job will cost a fortune. The way you're talking about it, I'd have to drive up in my car to the job and sleep in my car for a few weeks until I got many paychecks under my belt.

DM, I did just that. 4 months of being unemplyed, living on just UI in TX, couldn't get a job to save my life. I sold every piece of furniture, household goods that I had.What I didn't sell I gave to the church. I moved with the clothes we owned and some personal stuff, loaded it into a 5x8 Uhaul, tied it to the back of my station wagon (a car I bought before i defaulted on the 2007 Honda that cost $$$ everymonth) and went to California. Found a cheap condo to rent in a decent neighborhood for $775 a month (rent is cheaper here than in TX...go figure). Only needed $800 for the deposit, nothing for the utilities. Then less than a month later, got a job that I actually like, making more that I ever would have in TX. I haven't looked back since. It's doable, you just have to start doing the research on what job market pays well, and still is hiring, rent costs, etc.

As for the SUV, I'd suggest keeping the current sedan you have, and when you need to travel, you could rent a SUV for those times. Granted, you may have to travel less frequently to keep your costs down (say, once every other month or so vs every weekend), but it's not impossible, either.

Comment

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
      Your posts are not helping whatsoever and you have not told me a single thing that I did not already know. All you're doing is making a bad situation worse by saying the obvious.
      "Playing the violin while passing the cheese to go with your whine"

Geeez....nobody forced you to move out in the boondocks where they don't even have trash service.
      Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
      341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
      Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

Originally posted by hereforinfo View Post
        I can't think of a single place in central Florida that is 1.5 hours from any city. Doesn't make sense. Even the cities are only 1.5-2 hours from each other with lots of towns and smaller cities in between.
        I'm not going to give out my personal location. Believe me, it's FAR. To drive to Jacksonville is a 2 hour drive. When I went to the dealer to fix my broken down hybrid at the Orlando dealer, it was a 2 hour drive. When I drove to the dealer in Gainesville to fix it for another problem, it was a 90 minute drive. I am WAY out in the forest. There is absolutely nothing out here except people who hunt and fish. Palatka is about 30 miles away, but there's never any tech jobs there neither. I once had a job in Ocala, but that was 39 miles one way to get there. No matter where I go, I burn through miles on cars like there is no tomorrow. Before the repo of my other vehicle, we had 3 cars and put a total of 99,000 miles on all 3 cars combined in 12 months time.

Now you see why I have NO DESIRE to keep this house. I want to give it back. The builder who built my house built 3 others just like it in 2005. He hasn't sold one single house since 2005. That's terrible.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X