A bit worried

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A bit worried

My BK was final in December. We didn't reaffirm anything, but we kept paying on the cars and the house. The cars were both listed as IB on our credit reports, but the house never changed status.

My husband just checked Cyberhomes.com and our house is listed as in foreclosure and on the market? I'm extremely confused. They can't just sell the house out from under us can they? We haven't missed a payment yet.

Where did that info come from and how do I fix it? I'm kinda worried
    CJ
    341 on 8/3, determined NO ASSET
    60 day wait was over on 10/3/08. Discharged 12/23/08

I always wondered about that. That is, if someone does not reaffirm a car or house, can the lender, at will, pull the loan.

Hopefully someone who knows more about this can chime in.
    My comments are solely based on my opinion. The information and links that I have
    posted are provided solely for informational purposes, and do not constitute legal advice

Comment

A lot of these foreclosure websites just harvest public info from public records, like default notices and list the homes as in foreclosure or "pre-foreclosure'

The rental I lived in ( which was in default, and foreclosed 8 months later) was showing up all over those sites before any notice of trustee sale was actually scheduled.

Comment

I called my mortgage holder and they said we are no where near foreclosure, we are listed as current with them. SO I have no idea where that report came from.

Another thing I found out was that they tried sending re-affirmation papers to my lawyer several times but my lawyer NEVER mentioned this to me. I am kinda PO'd about that. We had actually WANTED to reaffirm the house but the lawyer said they tried sending the lender the request and never got a response. I'm really NOT impressed with my lawyer's office right now.
        CJ
        341 on 8/3, determined NO ASSET
        60 day wait was over on 10/3/08. Discharged 12/23/08

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X