Re-affirming bank acct after 341

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Re-affirming bank acct after 341

I chose not to re-affirm my credit union acct after my 341, I owed $500 to the CU.

Im now thinking about it again.. In the future, they could easily help me rebuild my credit and I dont want to burn that bridge.

Can I re-affirm with them after my 341? Would it have to go through the bk court or could we do it after the fact?
    Retained bk7 laywer 8-12-08, Filed 12-22, 341 Meeting Scheduled 1-29-09
    Discharged 4-17-09!!!
    Reason for filing: Medical, NOT irresponsibility with credit.
    "Sometimes you have to fall before you fly"

Why not start off fresh with another bank or credit union? The $500 that you owe your current credit union would be a great deposit on a secured credit card. That would certainly help rebuild your credit. Check out DCU as an option. I heard about them on these boards and ended up joining their credit union. They are fantastic!

All in all, I think you should really consider whether it's best to pay the bank or use the money you owe them towards your fresh start.
    Filed 12/24/08...a Merry Christmas indeed!
    341 Meeting 01/23/09 Declared No Asset
    Last day for objections 03/24/09
    Discharged and closed 03/26/09

Comment

I am in same boat, I owe CU 4000 readymoney loan. I love my Cu Account so much easier online services than bank. I had this loan on going since 1982, and bank account since 1977. I didnt confirm the account. However The Cu left my accounts open, but cancelled my debit card. They said because of chargeoff of loan. I don't have to confirm. They said after discharge I could make voluntary payments on loan and my card will work. At any time if i stop my card would be cancelled. Loan is already
      charged off. Not sure what to do.
      chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

Originally posted by Floridagail View Post
        I am in same boat, I owe CU 4000 readymoney loan. I love my Cu Account so much easier online services than bank. I had this loan on going since 1982, and bank account since 1977. I didnt confirm the account. However The Cu left my accounts open, but cancelled my debit card. They said because of chargeoff of loan. I don't have to confirm. They said after discharge I could make voluntary payments on loan and my card will work. At any time if i stop my card would be cancelled. Loan is already
        charged off. Not sure what to do.
        I'm sure you can find other places to bank with online service for a lot less than a $4,000 fee.

I'd leave that CU and start anew.
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

I guess I will leave,since it is showed as chargeoff, and I would be paying it to keep it,
          still show charge off against my credit. Thanks everyone
          chpt 7 ,5-2009

Comment

I am thinking about the reaffirming my CU account also, I owe $1600. But I havent decided yet. I opened a new account at WAMU/CHASE which is also really easy to use online.
            In three words I can sum up everything I've learned about life: "It goes on".

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X