Pro-se Did not list Car loan as creditor

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Pro-se Did not list Car loan as creditor

I did not list my lease on my auto as a creditor before I filed my petition because I planned to keep the car for work. I am in the process of re-affiming the debt. The leasing company found out about the BK from the credit agencys and sent me a letter asking if I wanted to re-affirm the debt or surrender my car. I am currently waiting for the agreement.

Do I need to ammend my petition since I am reaffiming the lease? Was it a bad idea not to list them as a creditor? I assumed I would just keep paying the lease since I did not want it discharged.

If I do need to ammend my petition, how do I go about it? What schedules do I need to ammend? I have searched but cannot find any info about it.

Thanks

I'm not sure of the process to amend, check with the clerk at the BK court where you filed.

I do know that you are supposed to list all creditors, and indicate for secured loans or leases your intentions.
    Most of my information is from personal experience or HOURS and HOURS of online research. When you're searching online, keep in mind there is no guarantee that the info is completely up to date, and your situation is unique from anyone else's. Do your homework, and consult with an attorney so you can make an informed decision.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X