OK to use CC now?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

OK to use CC now?

I was discharged last week, but still waiting on closing. I need to get a hotel room for next month and would rather use a cc rather than debit (I have a few that have survived so far--I realize their days may be numbered). Anyway, I don't particularly want to open yet another debate on credit vs. debit cards-I just wonder if there's any reason I can't use my card again. And yes, I will be immediately paying it off-I'll never carry a balance again.

I think if you're discharged, it's ok to use it.
    Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
    341 Meeting: 1/7/09
    Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
    Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

If the credit card survived filing, I don't see why you can't use it.
      BKForum Blog: The Journey

sigpic

Comment

IF the card survived, I doubt it... May just take a bit for it to close, very rarely do cards make it.
        Filed: 11/25/08 - chp 7 no asset
        Discharged: 2/24/09 CLOSED 3/7/09!

Comment

So far they've survived, I just checked. The only one I really care to keep is my Target Visa-I'd like to use it to rebuild my credit. I'm hoping since they are their own bank and I have such great payment history with them, it'll make it through. I thought about just biting the bullet and calling them and just seeing if they plan to leave it open or not. I just don't want to call attention to it...I wouldn't even care if they raised my rates as long as they kept it open, as I will be paying it off every month. Would I be crazy to call?

Comment

Originally posted by yuckhatethis View Post
            So far they've survived, I just checked. The only one I really care to keep is my Target Visa-I'd like to use it to rebuild my credit. I'm hoping since they are their own bank and I have such great payment history with them, it'll make it through. I thought about just biting the bullet and calling them and just seeing if they plan to leave it open or not. I just don't want to call attention to it...I wouldn't even care if they raised my rates as long as they kept it open, as I will be paying it off every month. Would I be crazy to call?
            I bet it will be closed in the next couple of months. Get yourself a SECURED credit card, it will build your credit just as fast, and YOU are in control. Target is WAYYYY to easy to spend money at, do not use that to build your credit. Although you may wind up with really nice new shoes though!

CC are evil, yes they are. Take that money you were going to pay off the card with and put it in a secured card, trust me, you will be much better off. then pay that off every month.

Comment

It's not a Target store card, it's a regular cc issued through Target. I'd rather keep it as I've had it forever and older accounts will look better on my credit report. I really don't want to open anything new if I don't absolutely have to. We have a couple of years before we'll need to replace a car and my plan is to not open any new lines of credit/loans until then.

Overspending isn't our issue anymore, so I'm not really worried about running up a cc bill. Everything about the way we use money is different now.

Comment

Originally posted by yuckhatethis View Post
                It's not a Target store card, it's a regular cc issued through Target. I'd rather keep it as I've had it forever and older accounts will look better on my credit report. I really don't want to open anything new if I don't absolutely have to. We have a couple of years before we'll need to replace a car and my plan is to not open any new lines of credit/loans until then.

Overspending isn't our issue anymore, so I'm not really worried about running up a cc bill. Everything about the way we use money is different now.
                OK- glad to hear. Just don't depend on it being availble long term... Anyways, good to hear you learned!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X