Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Citi - you want believe this :)

I just got a call - from Citi.

Assumed it was the normal collections call although I had not heard from them since I gave them my Attorneys info.

But guess what?

They want to offer me a NEW CC with a $10,000.00 limit, a great interest rate and all kinds of other "goodies".

I ask him if he knew that I owed Citi a bunch of money and was going to Ch. 7 - he said no, he works for a different part of the company.

Are these guys real? - jb
    jb - A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes.
    Filed - 2/27/09
    341 - 4/3/09
    Discharged - 6/20/2009

Pre approvals get caught before a cc is issued.

Comment

why would you want another card right now? don;t you want to be debt free for a little in this unstable economy? although I haven't paid any of my other debts at the time it feels good to be able to breath. infact, there is no way i could pay them. i just cant wait to file and get this over with.
      9/22/2009 - officially filed chapter 7
      11/03/2009 - scheduled 341 - COMPLETED
      01/04/2010 - last day for objections
      01/11/2010 - DISCHARGED & CLOSED

Comment

Originally posted by drowningNdebt View Post
        why would you want another card right now? don;t you want to be debt free for a little in this unstable economy? although I haven't paid any of my other debts at the time it feels good to be able to breath. infact, there is no way i could pay them. i just cant wait to file and get this over with.
        I don't think that the op wanted another card, they just thought it was funny that a company they not only owe a lot of money to but also obviously have no intention of paying them back was offering them 10,000 in credit.

If so, that is, indeed, totally hilarious It obviously wouldn't get approved once they looked into your situation, but talk about one hand not knowing what the other is doing...
        Filed Chapter 7 12/31/08 341 Meeting 2/3/09 No Asset 2/16/09 Discharged 04/08/09 :)

:yahoo: Closed 04/30/09 :yahoo:

Comment

I know! I keep getting preapproved card offers from the very creditors whose credits were included in the bankruptcy. Scary.

Comment

No wonder the banks are bankrupt
            Filed Ch 7 -- July 9, 2008
            341 mtg ---- August 14, 2008
            Discharged ---- October 17, 2008
            Closed --------- December 11, 2009!

Comment

Downing, don't want another CC - just thought it was hilarious that I got the call.
              jb - A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes.
              Filed - 2/27/09
              341 - 4/3/09
              Discharged - 6/20/2009

Comment

I don't think Citi would be calling people to offer new credit cards. I know big banks have actually been reducing people credit lines. My mom chase card credit line was reduced from $10000 to $8500 for no reason. She's never been over her limit or late. I also have some other family who have experienced this. You may want to watch out maybe it was some kind of scam?
                Discharged 6/23/08

Comment

Capital One did that for my dad. Preapproved him for a NEW business cc! Funny since he never paid the last one he had, lol.

Comment

Of course they want you to dig another hole, you cant file another Ch.7 for 8 years. Its the people that carry their balances from month to month that accrue interest constantly that make these companies all of their money. When Im done with my Chapter 13, I am never using a credit card again, except for a secured credit card that I fund with my own money to develop my FICO score.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X