Advice Please.........

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Advice Please.........

Thank heaven for this forum! DH and I have made the decision that we have no choice but to file for BK-Chap. 7. DH lost his job of 19 years unexpectedly in August 2007. His career was in sales, where we live NE Ohio, job situation is dire at best. Took 8 mos. to find a job which was 100% commission, he tried to make it work, he barely made anything with fuel costs of $600 per mo. of which only he received $100 per mo. reimbursement. We had to use our retirement account to pay the mortgage and other bills until the funds ran out in September 2007. He started looking for another job at that time and did get hired and started a new job Dec. 1 2008. His pay at this job will be significantly less than his previous job of 19 years. We fell behind in our mortgage payments in Sept. 2008 and were on the verge of being foreclosed on. The bank that holds our mortgage notified us right before foreclosure that we qualified for the new mortgage relief program. Our mortgage was modified, lower interest rate, lower payment and deferment of mortgage payment for several months. Due to residual effects from a serious car accident I was in in 2004, I am not able to work at a regular job anymore. I do work at home online and earn a part-time income, though sporadic, some good months, these past 3 months have not made anything. We are below the means test income according to the updated graph.

Now I realize we should have done this a long time ago, wish I would have found this forum last fall, it would have saved us months of agony. I will be contacting lawyers this week to make appointments for initial consultation. We are getting phone calls from CA's, I just put my phone on voice mail and do not answer as they want money and we don't have any to give them. I have read on other financial sites that this is not what to do, that you should talk to them. But I have read here not to answer the calls until you have filed and can give them your lawyer's information for them to contact. We just want to do this right. 2 of our cc we stopped paying last October 2008. The other cc's we just stopped paying last month. We have both been depressed, stressed out and emotionally drained and this forum has given us hope.
    Filed BK Chapter 7 - 11/12/10 341 Meeting - 01/07/11
    Notice of no distribution - 01/12/11
    DISCHARGED - 03/09/2011

Welcome. We are all in the same perverbial boat (a sinking one at that).

I stopped paying CC's in July 2008, filed January of 2009 and never once spoke to a creditor. Ever. Husband and I are both self employed so there were no places of employment to call. I don't think it matters if you talk to them, according to alot of posts here they just call back and act like you never told them anything anyway.

Deep breath. Like I said, we all get what you're feeling. This forum is an AMAZING source of support in what has proven to be the most embarrassing and stressful time for most of us.

Comment

Welcome to the BK Forum. Most all of us are in the same exact situation that you are in. You will receive a great deal of knowledge on this forum as you go through this process.

When you have a question, post it on here. We share our experiences to hopefully help others.
      Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
      341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
      Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X