Home Repairs and Means Test

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Home Repairs and Means Test

My house needs a new roof and I was wondering if that would affect the means test in any way?

Originally posted by Clouddancer View Post
    My house needs a new roof and I was wondering if that would affect the means test in any way?
    Only if someone pays you to replace it!
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

I think people re getting MEANS test and MEDIAN confused here. MEANS test is your monthly income minus your monthly expenses. You want this leftover number to be as low as possible...

The MEDIAN is your 6 month lookback at your income, which has to be under the MEDIAN INCOME for your state.

These are two different hoops to jump through. For a 7, you want to pass both of them.

Therefore, your roof would affect your MEANS test in that in would make your HOME MAINTENANCE costs bump up a little more. But don't get too excited, as those things tend to have caps on them anyway.
      Read the Blog: My Personal Experience With Bankruptcy

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X