can i get part time job yet?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

can i get part time job yet?

i just had my 341 last week, but i want to get a small part time job for extra cash. can i do that now or do i have to wait til discharged.

You can get the job now.

Comment

ok they wont come back and say i have too much income?

Comment

I wondered this too but for after we file, not after the 341

Comment

This has been my question as well. File the Chapter 7 and wait until the 341 hearing is over is what I keep reading. Once you have the 341 meeting then it appears safe to look for a job but what happens if you have assets that still need to be liquidated by the trustee or the 341 gets continued? How does that affect finding a job issue? I have junk business inventory left over that I was going to allow the trustee to liquidate but it appears that this will slow down the bk discharge. Maybe it's better to take everything over to an auction business liquidator and just let them auction everything off and go as a no asset at filing. Anyone been in this position? Any input would be much appreciated.
          Ch 7 filed: 3/30
          341: 5/12
          Discharged and Closed 7/20: Now known as- Free Willy

Comment

You should be okay in most situations. If you have anxiety about it, just start applying in about a month, and tell them you can start a month from the day you applied ;)

I personally started working at my second job again about a month after the 341. I hadn't had time to pick up shifts for about a year, but had stayed current with my employment so I could go back. I'm obviously not worried about it lol I also started taking overtime at my full time gig.
            Filed Chapter 7 12/31/08 341 Meeting 2/3/09 No Asset 2/16/09 Discharged 04/08/09 :)

:yahoo: Closed 04/30/09 :yahoo:

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X