Insurance settlement-do I report this?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Insurance settlement-do I report this?

My husband was hit in Sept. 08 by what we thought was an uninsured driver. It was not a big deal and no one was hurt so they just exchanged info and went on their ways. Stupid him for not calling police right then, but he was in a hurry and he felt sorry for her. Anyway, she got very dodgy afterwards and the insurance info she gave my husband only led to dead ends. We ended up filing with our insurance company (assuming she didn't have insurance) and got our car fixed after we forked over the $500 deductible. All of this was disclosed with our attorney (we charged the deductible) and we thought all was over and in the past, lesson learned.

So two days ago we get a call from her insurance company asking for a statement. The best we can figure is that our insurance company went after her and now she's scrambling to get it taken care of. Whatever the case, they called last night and said that she was responsible for the accident and they are reimbursing us and our insurance company.

Does the $500 we'll get back factor in to our case at all? Do I notify the trustee? It's not like an inheritance or lottery, but the fact that it reimbursement for something we charged makes me wonder if we should disclose it??

I was discharged on 2/19/09, but case is not closed yet. We're a no-asset case waiting on the Report of No Distribution.

What do you guys think?

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X