Filing when on umemployment?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filing when on umemployment?

Has anyone filed when on unemployment/assistance?

With dh losing his job on Friday. My hours being cut. Our budget will be negative. We don't know for sure if we will get UE. We should get food stamps. Not sure if any other assistance we could get.

Our attorney said they wanted our budget even or very little positive, not negative.

How are we supposed to file bk with a negative budget? Does that look bad?
    We can cut back on some things. We already lowered our cell phone minutes. But dh was getting a discount with his job but now we don't get the discount, so that doesn't help.

We were below median before but now for sure are.

Something keeps coming up to keep us from being able to file.
    FILED CH7: 03/20/09
    341: May 11th, 2009
    DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

You're in no position to file. It has nothing to do with your budget. Trustees have seen plaenty of unemployed folks file bk.
    You don't want to have a major illness or accident post bk with no insurance and end up with huge bills and you already played the bk card.
    I'd wait until my finances are stable and one of you has a job with health insurance benefits.

Comment

Originally posted by keepmine View Post
      You're in no position to file. It has nothing to do with your budget. Trustees have seen plaenty of unemployed folks file bk.
      You don't want to have a major illness or accident post bk with no insurance and end up with huge bills and you already played the bk card.
      I'd wait until my finances are stable and one of you has a job with health insurance benefits.

Well seeing i still work we are worried about old creditors(3yrs ago) coming after us.
      We are currently on medical assistance so are not worried about medical bills.
      Who knows how long dh will be out of work. Jobs are sparse around here!
      We are also worried we spent $300 for an appraisal on the house 3 months ago. We are worried it won't be able to be used to show the true price of the home.
      Last edited by momof3b1g; 03-04-2009, 01:19 PM.
      FILED CH7: 03/20/09
      341: May 11th, 2009
      DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X