Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Some General Questions.. New to this...

Hi there,

I've been through a lot since Oct 08 and I think I'm going to have to file for bankruptcy in the near future.

1. Does me living overseas since Oct 08 affect my ability to file?
    I left my life in the US in Oct to move overseas with a job offer. I ended up having to wait 3 months for my work permit and then a few weeks ago I was told I was getting laid off from a job I hadn't even started yet. So, I've basically had no income since October.

2. I have a "business" account with Chase but I have no business. I got an offer in the mail for this card to use for "business expenses". It has a really good rate on it, so I applied for it and got it. It never asked me for a business name or anything. Would this cause me problems?

3. I own a home in the US. Its 150,000 in the hole from what I owe on it ... I can't for the life of me figure out how a house loses that much value in a span of 2 years. I have a first and second mortgage. I tried to work with the mortgage companies before I left the US because I was unable to sell my place. My second mortgage company was very rude to me ...the supervisor barely wanted to speak to me and gave me the whole "you incurred the debt now pay it" routine. Its not my fault the market crashed and my home depreciated over 150,000. They told me they wouldn't accept a short sale etc... will the odds of them objecting be high?

4. I was forced to rent my home for 1000 a month since I couldn't sell it. My mortgage is 1950, so I'm still shelling out a good deal of money for it. Its been rented since December. Should I let my renters know that I might be losing the house in the near future or keep them in the dark?

5. I haven't had any income for pretty much the last 6 months but before IE my 2008 tax returns I made about 80-90k a year.... are they going to look at my petition and be like hello why can't you get a job?

6. I know federal student loans are non dischargable but what about private student loans? Would I be able to get rid of those? I have about 35k in private graduate loans with chase that are in deferrment at the moment.

I'm coming back to the US March 31st with my tail between my legs. Basically when I left I took some cash advances and sold off a lot of my stuff to have a cushion. However I didn't expect to be without a job for 3 months and subsequently laid off. So, I've been kind of living off my credit cards and borrowing money from family to pay my bills. I'm current on everything but I have about 2k left to my name now.

I have emailed some attorneys but they are very reluctant to actually answer the questions I ask and I hate bugging them by emailing over and over. Most of them told me to contact them when I get back to the US... but I kinda need some info now.

Also, are they gonna through like every transaction I made and be like why did you buy this and what did you use that for? Some things I could remember but others I'd be like... umm... I bought it cause I felt like it?

Sorry for the long post... I also just needed to vent a little... I'm so pissed off at the situation I've been put in and how it has ruined me financially. I'm not used to not being able to pay my bills.

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
Working...
X