top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

341 Coming Up... I'm freaking out a bit.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

341 Coming Up... I'm freaking out a bit.

I just know the Trustee is going to force me into a 13, so I am freaking a bit.

Am I going to be in a court room or are we going to be in the Trustee's office or a conference room of some sort?

I do think it's borderline for me on the means test, so how in depth are they going to go?

02/05/09 Filed BK7
    03/11/09 341 Hearing
    05/20/09 Discharged!

In our area, Southern District of Fl, it is a little conference room. In my 341 it was only myself, my attorney, the panel trustee in person plus the US Trustee (by phone). Everyone else waited in another room adjacent to the conference room.

In the continued meeting there were three cases in the same room (two plus mine).
    Everything was recorded. But it did not seem stressful because it was relatively private.

You have planned as much as you can. Once you get to the meeting you will see there are no trick questions, just questions about your financials. Most people had a 3 min meeting. I had the opportunity to spend much more time with the Trustee's! LOL.

Don't forget your ss card (original) and drivers license.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Thanks SO... My Atty says he's familiar with this Trustee and didn't seem too worried. Not that it matters much...
      02/05/09 Filed BK7
      03/11/09 341 Hearing
      05/20/09 Discharged!

Comment

Actually, I think it does matter. The more your attorney knows the Trustee's the more they know how they are going to handle your case.

My attorney knew right from the beginning that the UST would be interested. His philosophy was - bury them in paperwork. We did.

Your attorney knows this trustee and he says not to be worried. If you have an experienced attorney, then I would follow his advise.

Good luck.
        Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
        Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

All the attorneys and trustees know each other. It's like a golf club, and as StartingOver08 said, if your attorney is experienced and knows them, and is not concerned, then you should not be either. Your attorney would say if you had one of the 'tough' trustees.

Good luck.
          "To go bravely forward is to invite a miracle."

"Worry is the darkroom where negatives are formed."

Comment

Hang in there!

I just want to wish you the best of luck. You shouldn't be worry. They worst part will be ended soon. Hang in there.
            There is light at the end of the tunnel, you just have to walk toward it. K-11

Comment

Good Luck

My Lawyer and My Trustee were friendly to one another I had not troubles in my case
              May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
              July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
              September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Thank you all for the well wishes and support!

I am SO GLAD I found this place.
                02/05/09 Filed BK7
                03/11/09 341 Hearing
                05/20/09 Discharged!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X