Missing documents question

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Missing documents question

my lawyers assistant warned me that they did not submit everything and I would get a letter from Bankruptcy courts. She told me to not worry about it because they have the paperwork and would send it in.

I got the letter again. I am so worried that my lawyer will not send the stuff in. Am I being paranoid? Why wouldnt they have sent it in when the filed?

here is the list:

Atty disclosure statement

statement of current income

schedules A-J due

Statement of financial affairs

summary of schedules

statistical summary of certain liabilities

SHOULD I BE WORRIED? I do not even know what half the stuff means

Looks like they may have filed an emergency petition for you.

Did you have a pressing issue, like a lawsuit,garnishment, or foreclosure that required an immediate filing to stop some kind of legal action?

You have 15 days from the original filing date to get the rest of the documents is.

What day was your case filed?

Comment

That is a big chunk of paperwork that is missing. That seems like over half of the petition. I would be up their butt about it. Even if it was an emergency petition, they should still have that into the court ASAP. The fact that you have received 2 letters about it is reason for alarm.

Call that lawyer and demand an answer....TODAY.

Good luck and be tough.
      Filed - 12/24/08 (Merry Christmas Credit Cards!)
      341 - 2/5/09
      Confirmation - 3/13/09....Happy Dance!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EricaCallaha View Post
        That is a big chunk of paperwork that is missing. That seems like over half of the petition. I would be up their butt about it. Even if it was an emergency petition, they should still have that into the court ASAP. The fact that you have received 2 letters about it is reason for alarm.

Call that lawyer and demand an answer....TODAY.

Good luck and be tough.
        I am freaked! I never even saw the Schedule a-js..the lawyer said he had all of it. I think he did it quick because citi financial filed a lawsuit against me and had a court date of March 10th. I hope that is the case. If this lawyer screws me I will cry cuz I have NO MONEY to my NAME. I had to starve to come up with the lawyer money!

Comment

Originally posted by dingdong View Post
          Looks like they may have filed an emergency petition for you.

Did you have a pressing issue, like a lawsuit,garnishment, or foreclosure that required an immediate filing to stop some kind of legal action?

You have 15 days from the original filing date to get the rest of the documents is.

What day was your case filed?
          I filed March 5th. Just got this letter today

Comment

I would be on the attorney's office 'offering to help' - because that 15 days from filing goes by too fast.
            Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
            Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Open a PACER account, just for your own peace of mind.
              When you do, check by your case # and go the the History/Documents page and tick the box that says "Display docket text"

Once you do that , you will be able to see what has been filed in your case and the date it was filed.
              According to your filing date , you have until 2/20/09 to get everything in.

Call your attorney until you speak to him, and ask him when he is/has filed the missing docs.

He probably filed the petition as an ER petition to circumvent the lawsuit and avoid a judgement for you.

Which will save both of you from extra headaches dealing with a judgement.

Comment

Originally posted by dingdong View Post
                Open a PACER account, just for your own peace of mind.
                When you do, check by your case # and go the the History/Documents page and tick the box that says "Display docket text"

Once you do that , you will be able to see what has been filed in your case and the date it was filed.
                According to your filing date , you have until 2/20/09 to get everything in.

Call your attorney until you speak to him, and ask him when he is/has filed the missing docs.

He probably filed the petition as an ER petition to circumvent the lawsuit and avoid a judgement for you.

Which will save both of you from extra headaches dealing with a judgement.
                I plan on signing up for pacer this weekend. All of my bank accounts are in the negative right now so I need to wait til I have money in the accounts.

Comment

So I called my lawyer two times yesterday and today and email him. He has not returned my calls or emails.

I am really upset here! What if he does not get the papers in! I do not even know what half of the stuff on the list means!!

Comment

Originally posted by inpain66 View Post
                    my lawyers assistant warned me that they did not submit everything and I would get a letter from Bankruptcy courts. She told me to not worry about it because they have the paperwork and would send it in.

I got the letter again. I am so worried that my lawyer will not send the stuff in. Am I being paranoid? Why wouldnt they have sent it in when the filed?

here is the list:

Atty disclosure statement This is the amount of money you paid your attorney and the services he will provide for the fee.

statement of current incomePretty self explanatory

schedules A-J due All of the schedules/forms that list your assets/expenses/secured assets/creditors, the bulk of your petition

Statement of financial affairs

summary of schedules This is a summary of all the debts you owe/assets you have

statistical summary of certain liabilities
                    Kind of a wrap up of your debt on one page dividing secured and priority debt and unsecured debt

SHOULD I BE WORRIED? I do not even know what half the stuff means
                    Sign up for PACER with your dbeit card that has a visa/mc logo. You won't get billed for awhile and if you only download your entire petition it will only cost 2.40.

If they have filed the docs, you will relieve yourself of some stress.

PACER resistration is instant if you use a CC

Comment

Hi Inpain, my advice to you is keep on your lawyer. Mine did the same thing we are now in closed mode, and I am Pi__ed. I talked to my lawyer last week and he "reassured" me everything is being handled, blamed it on the court in Detroit. As I said it was a week ago Tuesday, phone calls are driving me nuts again, not only at home but also at my business. I feel your pain. Our lawyer is paid in full and we sit here and wait. My husband will be calling him tomorrow as I can not handle it anymore. I don't know what we are going to do, they want their money up front, we scraped, starved and saved to pay him for what, hell I could of messed it up this bad myself. You are not alone, so hopefully your lawyer will come through for you better than mine is for us. Good luck.

Comment

Originally posted by broken64 View Post
                        Hi Inpain, my advice to you is keep on your lawyer. Mine did the same thing we are now in closed mode, and I am Pi__ed. I talked to my lawyer last week and he "reassured" me everything is being handled, blamed it on the court in Detroit. As I said it was a week ago Tuesday, phone calls are driving me nuts again, not only at home but also at my business. I feel your pain. Our lawyer is paid in full and we sit here and wait. My husband will be calling him tomorrow as I can not handle it anymore. I don't know what we are going to do, they want their money up front, we scraped, starved and saved to pay him for what, hell I could of messed it up this bad myself. You are not alone, so hopefully your lawyer will come through for you better than mine is for us. Good luck.
                        I called him and emailed him AGAIN today. No response. Really annoying. I have a bit money in the account so I am going to check to see if anything is on Pacer. If my lawyer screws me I am done for. I really do not have any disposable income with my rent, student loans, and car payment. My life will be over if he messes this up.

Comment

Monday go to his office if you do not see the filings of the missing documents in Pacer today. You can sign on right away and look right away. You are getting very close to your bk deadline as you know. I would be in the lobby at 8 am on Monday to get it done.
                          Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                          Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Originally posted by StartingOver08 View Post
                            Monday go to his office if you do not see the filings of the missing documents in Pacer today. You can sign on right away and look right away. You are getting very close to your bk deadline as you know. I would be in the lobby at 8 am on Monday to get it done.
                            I checked pacer and I see that a 341 meeting is scheduled on 4/6/09. Does that mean he gave them the documents?

Comment

Looks like he did what he was supposed to do, mine is still dragin his heels. Sucks, we are going to hound him big time come Monday morning enough is enough. So glad to hear your lawyer stepped up to the plate and protected you and your family. Unfortunately for us I do believe we are in for the long battle. Good luck to you Inpain.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X