top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

How long until creditors notified of stay?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

How long until creditors notified of stay?

We filed Chapter 7 today, finally.
    I got home and had a very nasty message from Sunrise Credit, who are agents calling on behalf of B of A regarding a deficiency on a motor home that I surrendered.
    I told the guy not to call again. I had also written a little while ago to B of A and told them this filing would be taking place and ask them to call my attorney.
    So today I told them not to call and I told them B of A was already aware of the BK coming up and that the notice was on the way to them of the filing today.
    This guy wanted information and I told him I did not do business with Sunrise and will no longer talk to them and hung up.
    So exactly how long does it take to get the notices out to these people??

Now to wait for the 341. The attorney told us that it should be the last week in April or the first week in May as they are busy, needless to say.

You should subscribe to PACER. You will know right on long before your lawyer gives you old news. Be careful it is eight cents a page to look, but you can save it to your hard drive to look again at no cost.

Your question; it should go out the same day or next in regular mail. Cut them some slack if they did not get notice at this time. Just refer them to your lawyer or give them your case number. Then they will break the law for recalling.

‘Hub
    Last edited by AngelinaCat; 03-11-2009, 05:15 PM.
    If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I knew that they would not see what we did the AM in the attorney's office. But I would expect one way or another after say 5 days that they will know and then if they call I can give them hell.
      But I still will not talk to any company that is a collection agency. The attorney says they will be notified by the creditors post haste.
      And the attroney just mailed my case number to me! Now I will just give that too them. Then if they call I think they are in trouble.
      Last edited by kenshirley; 03-11-2009, 05:07 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by kenshirley View Post
        I knew that they would not see what we did the AM in the attorney's office. But I would expect one way or another after say 5 days that they will know and then if they call I can give them hell.
        But I still will not talk to any company that is a collection agency. The attorney says they will be notified by the creditors post haste.
        And the attroney just mailed my case number to me! Now I will just give that too them. Then if they call I think they are in trouble.
        NO, they are not in trouble if they call out of ignorance of your bk. That is when you tell them your case number. Give them a break as they are doing their job, but if they harass, then you can make a complaint. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X