Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

vacation question

Hi Everyone--

I have a question about a vacation I took last summer. I was given 3 round-trip tickets to Paris last summer and so took my kids there for 10 days. At that time, I had NO IDEA I was headed for bankruptcy. It was not a particularly extravagant trip--just 2 meals a day, admission fees to some museums and art galleries, and budget hotels. I had cash for some of the expenses and others went on credit cards.

I am not looking to file until next October, in which case over a year will have passed since I took this trip. However, because I am self-employed I understand the trustee may want several years of bank and/or credit card statements. And this trip will definitely show up.

I actually didn't even think about this until today. I'm reading on other posts about how the trustee looks for expenditures on luxury items, and I would say a trip to Paris probably fits that bill.

Should I be concerned?

Probably not if you used budget hotels and the like. Being that it occurred before you realized you'd have to file. They will most likely want 2 years of statements and he might ask about it, but just be honest about it.
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X