Blocking the harassing phone calls

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Blocking the harassing phone calls

I told you guys about GrandCentral eons ago and many of you wanted invites, but there were one.

In case you haven't been watching the news, the service I've been talking about all along may be available soon but with the name, "Google Voice".

I just hope it will have all of the same features that I have now, such as routing all calls to voice mail based on the Caller ID and also blocking the number with a fake disconnect based on the Caller ID.

Once this service goes live and it does everything that GrandCentral does, you need to get a free phone # from this service and re-direct it to your home phone or cell phone. Then you will need to update the phone #'s with all of your creditors and CA's to have them only call the new Googe Voice number. That should be the number you give out to everyone for the rest of your life. NEVER give out your real land line or cell after that point. Let all incoming calls from everyone go to the Google voice number. When a person pesters you enough or you are getting harassed by a person, you can simply block their numbers and your cell phone or your phone at home will never ring again when those people call back if you so chose.

For a person filing bankruptcy, this service is a dream come true!

The nice thing is, if you move, that Googe Voice phone # will follow you where ever you go. So you'll never have to give out a new number again. And if you have three different phone #'s that you could be at, a person trying to find you won't have to call all 3. All they would need to do is call your Google Voice one and Google Voice will call you at all 3 phone numbers simultaneously. All you do is answer one of the phones and press "1" to accept the call, then the other 2 phones stop ringing immediately and the call is routed to the first phone you pick up on.

If you don't like the person you hear after picking up, you can press "2" to send to voice mail, or press "3" to send to voice mail and listen in as they leave the voice mail. You can intercept the call while they are leaving the voice mail at any time. This comes in handy for telemarketers or those crazy friends who keep bothering you.

Now let's say you want to call somebody back but you don't want them to have your home phone # or cell phone on the Caller ID? You'd simply log into the web page, go into the phone book of the Google voice and then click "Call" next to the number. It then gives you a choice of which of your own phone #'s to call. It works sort of like 3-way calling. It rings your phone at home first. Then it calls the person you wanted to call from the web page.

Another neat thing... if you have a bill collector hounding you multiple times per day, Google Voice keeps a log of all inbound calls. So you can probably use that to show in court if you ever pursue them in a lawsuit for harassment.

This sounds terrific..I tried to get on The GrandCentral when you told us about it..Im supposed to be on a waiting list lol...

Comment

This would have been great to have had the middle of last year when the creditor calls started like crazy. Now that we are about to file and never even have our ringer on, it's a little late for us. It's good to know that these services are being developed and can really help people in similar situations.

Comment

We were one of the lucky ones who secured a free invite to GrandCentral when we filed last year. It was an absolutely life saver. We went online to each of our creditors and changed the phone number to our GC number, and at its peak it blocked around 35-40 calls a day.
        Filed Ch 7 - 07/10/08
        341 Meeting - 08/13/08
        DISCHARGED! - 10/15/08
        CLOSED - 10/20/08

Comment

Originally posted by laurannm View Post
          We were one of the lucky ones who secured a free invite to GrandCentral when we filed last year. It was an absolutely life saver. We went online to each of our creditors and changed the phone number to our GC number, and at its peak it blocked around 35-40 calls a day.
          SWEEEEEEEET!!

Man... that's a TON of harassing phone calls!!!! Without GC, I would think everyone should simply disconnect their phone lines. I could not deal with the stress of 40 calls per day.

I just logged into Grand Central right now and it said I can upgrade to Google Voice right now.

Upgrade to Google Voice

We're happy to announce that your GrandCentral account can now be upgraded to Google Voice. I love the item below in bold! That is so cool!!

* In addition to the current GrandCentral features, Google Voice has free voicemail transcriptions, SMS, conference calling, and more.
          * You can also use your Google Voice account to make low cost international calls and free calls to anywhere in the United States.
          * Your GrandCentral number, forwarding phones and PIN will be moved automatically to Google Voice.
          * Please note that all voicemails and call logs will still be available on GrandCentral after you upgrade.
          * You will have to re-record your name and greeting and update any custom settings or WebCall buttons after you upgrade.

We hope you enjoy the new features.

* SMS: Anyone can send an SMS to your Google Voice number and the message will be forwarded to your mobile phone(s). You can also reply to or send SMS straight from your inbox.
          * Voicemail Transcripts: Fully automated transcription service (not perfect) that gives you a text preview of what the voicemail is about and allows searching for voicemails based on this text.

* Quick Call & Quick SMS: You can easily call or SMS anyone by just typing a name (if that person is in your Contacts list) or any number. We'll connect the call from the phone you specify. This allows you to display your Google Voice number as caller ID.
          * International Calling: For free calls within the US and great rates on international calls, just call your own Google number and press 2 to connect. Once you get the dial tone, enter the number you would like to call. And remember to add 011 for international calls.
          * Goog411: Access directory assistance through Goog411 by calling your own Google number and pressing 4. From there you can speak the name of a business and location and get connected directly for free.

Comment

I have someting similar with my OOma Vop service. My calls started this week, Citi and Wamu/Chase. they tried my work, and both our cell phones. so I went to my accounts at their websites, and was horrified to see they had all those #'s in my profile. so I changed them to my OOma secondary line with the Philidelphia area code. i also added the #'s to my OOma blacklist, so any calls from those #'s go direct to voicemail. Walaa........no callls today.
            Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

Originally posted by albacore44 View Post
              I have someting similar with my OOma Vop service. My calls started this week, Citi and Wamu/Chase. they tried my work, and both our cell phones. so I went to my accounts at their websites, and was horrified to see they had all those #'s in my profile. so I changed them to my OOma secondary line with the Philidelphia area code. i also added the #'s to my OOma blacklist, so any calls from those #'s go direct to voicemail. Walaa........no callls today.
              Good show!

I bet a lot of bank reps are on here seeing what we're up to and are not thrilled with what we're doing.

F' em. Heh heh heh...

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X