Saving Bonds Dilemma

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saving Bonds Dilemma

I filed 7 just last week, and now I remembered today that I cashed in two savings bonds in January which gained me around 200 bucks in interest. Is this a big deal? Is it income? Do I need to amend my filing to reflect that?
    Filed C7: 03/09/09
    341: 04/30/09
    Discharged 6/30/09!!!

I would think it would be income. How much was it total? Maybe you should call your attorney and ask if this will pose a problem?

Comment

The total was only around $250.
      Discharged 6/30/09!!!

Comment

Now I have to vent - this really f'ing blows - I am SOOOOO close to having to file Chpt. 13 - every little bit counts and this might totally screw me over. I have an email in to my attorney and he's probably swearing up a storm right about now.
        Discharged 6/30/09!!!

Comment

Yes, it's income, but the next big question is..what did you do with it??

If you used it for living expenses (gas, groceries, clothes, stuff like that) you should not have a problem. If you used it as a deposit for a trip to Hawaii in the summer, it might raise some eyebrows.

Comment

Hey CCCrazy, what did your attorney say about the savings bond redemption? Interest is income? Principle you got back income too? I'm curious what your attorney thought.

Thanks

Comment

Attorney said interest is income. He also said i'm still good to go for Chpt. 7
              Discharged 6/30/09!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
              Working...
              X