top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

At The 341 -- Are Questions Directed To Both Husband & Wife?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

At The 341 -- Are Questions Directed To Both Husband & Wife?

Since both of us have to be at the meeting, will the trustee direct questions to us individually? There's a lot of things my wife can't speak to regarding financial matters. I wonder if she'll 'have to' answer any questions on her own.

What has been the experience of other couples?

Thanks.

There are some questions that you both have to answer yes or no to. Like did you sign the petitions, do you know what is in them, are they true, correct and complete to your knowledge. Specifics can be answered by either person unless the trustee/trustee representative directs it to one of you directly.

Good luck.
    Filed - 12/24/08 (Merry Christmas Credit Cards!)
    341 - 2/5/09
    Confirmation - 3/13/09....Happy Dance!!!

Comment

I wondered too. I know most of the stuff. But dh is the better speaker.
      Others have said the trustee usually asks for one person to so the talking.
      FILED CH7: 03/20/09
      341: May 11th, 2009
      DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Comment

I did most of our talking as the hub was nervous and knew that I knew those schedules inside and out. He had to answer a few questions about receiving bonuses and a deduction out of his paycheck.

Just remember to speak clearly and only answer with yes and no (or of coarse the answer), not ummm or hmmmm, or uh-uh. They get cross at that.
        Filed - 12/24/08 (Merry Christmas Credit Cards!)
        341 - 2/5/09
        Confirmation - 3/13/09....Happy Dance!!!

Comment

At our 341 the trustee asked me about 10 questions then turned to my wife and asked her if she would answer any of the ten question differently. Then we were done.
          Filed C7: 12/16/08; 341 Meeting: 1/22/09
          Last Day for Objections: 3/23/09 (No Objections)
          Discharged: 4/3/09
          Closed: 3/23/10

Comment

Thank you everyone for sharing your experiences. My wife will be relieved. Thank you!

Comment

If it's a joint filing the questions are for both to answer.
              My trustee asked several questions about post BK and I answered them.
              they were am i keeping he house I said I want to.
              am i keeping the Benz I said yes.
              how much did i pay for my house. and how did i come up with the value..
              Chapter 7 07/30/2008
              341 09/17/2008
              Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

To the most part, our trustee didn't care which one of us answered the questions. My husband answered some...I answered some. Whichever one of us spoke up 1st answered the question. Trustee did ask my husband one question specifically....he wanted to know if my husband thought he would be getting more hours on his job in the near future. This bankruptcy thing can really turn a person in-side-out, but tell your wife not to worry.
                Filed Ch 7 Petition: 12/17/08
                341 Meeting: 01/14/09
                Discharged: 03/18/09
                Closed: 03/18/09

Comment

Our 341 hearing consisted of 10 questions directed at both my wife and I. We answered the questions together. They were the standard questions like: "Do you know what is listed in the schedules? Did you sign the paperwork?" Real easy stuff. From the time we were called up to the time we walked out of the door was perhaps 3 minutes.
                  Ch. 7 Filed: 1/29/2009 Done!
                  341 Mtg: 3/12/2009 Done!
                  Discharged: 8/14/09

Comment

That's a great question and one I was wondering as well. My husband hands over his paycheck and I pay all the bills. He would not be able to answer the questions specific to our situation except that he gave all his money to me and I handled everything from there.
                    "Don't let your wants overload your a**"
                    (author unknown)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                    Working...
                    X