We are signing soon, what do

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

We are signing soon, what do

We are looking at siging any day now. Other then making sure all our creditors are included. Anything else we need to look for before siging and filing the paperwork?(we are using a lawyer)
    FILED CH7: 03/20/09
    341: May 11th, 2009
    DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Ok, we are going tomorrow at 2:45pm to sign and she said she plans to file tomorrow. I'm so nervous. I hope things go well.
    So did you guys start awnsering the phone calls afetr you filed and tell them you have filed? or did you just wait for the calls to stop?
    FILED CH7: 03/20/09
    341: May 11th, 2009
    DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Comment

Make sure you have a copy of the Schedules for your review to elminate errors. The attorney can e-mail you a copy of the petition for you to check prior to your signing meeting.

I started answering the calls immediately after filing - gave them the lawyers name, number and case number. That stopped the calls right away, because it does take a couple of days for the info to filter to the collections dept. from the BK notice.
      Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
      Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

It will feel good to answer the calls and let them know that you have done something to get them to stop calling. When you hang up after speaking with them you will feel a small weight lift off of your shoulders

Comment

Well I just posted in the collections thread about how my first two calls went after I filed. I did not feel any relief. If anything I felt like I am breaking a promise. I know each person reacts differently and I have been using these boards as a way to share my grief. I see many people feel relieved. Unfortunately I am not one of them.

I am glad to be moving toward a fresh start though.

Your lawyer will have all the details or ask you for more information. Sure you list all creditors. But you list leases and end dates, cell phone contracts and end dates. How about any creditor payments over $600 in total in the last 90 days. Look for any payments to friends and family over the past year and report them. you'll need budgets and plans. Oh and you know you had to do the pre-filing counseling. Have that done and the certificate available.

Best wishes. You are not alone!

Comment

Be sure to get copies of everything. You can sign up for PACER and get copies from there as well for everything that has been filed with the court. Go ahead and answer the calls after filing and just let them know you filed and give them your attorneys name and number. The calls may keep coming for a little while until all of the creditors receive notification from the court that you filed. If you still get calls later then let your attorney know.

Good luck and for those that feel guilty...DON'T! You are excersing your lawful rights which is done by the very companies that are now your creditor. Look at all of the banks etc. that have their hands out for money right now. Besides, if you have had a CC for a long time and have been paying the minimum payments, then you probably have paid back all of the money you owe in interest.
            Filed C7: 12/16/08; 341 Meeting: 1/22/09
            Last Day for Objections: 3/23/09 (No Objections)
            Discharged: 4/3/09
            Closed: 3/23/10

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X