Filed yesterday, served today!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Filed yesterday, served today!

Ok we finally filed yesterday. I will feel better when we get the official word. Case number and all. Well today we get another summons and complaint "served" at the door. (different creditor then before)Its the basic blah blah blah. You have 20 days to awnser. I will call our attorney on Monday. I'm guessing he will call them or just let them get the info of the bk in the mail. Seeing its just an awnser. Will the notice of filing bk suffice?
    FILED CH7: 03/20/09
    341: May 11th, 2009
    DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

You filed Friday, hmm your lawyer probably knows your case number.

Just call him up Monday and notify him of the additional serving. You might need to take it to his office for him to help process. (He'll need case # and stuff like that from the paperwork )
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Originally posted by JRScott View Post
      You filed Friday, hmm your lawyer probably knows your case number.

Just call him up Monday and notify him of the additional serving. You might need to take it to his office for him to help process. (He'll need case # and stuff like that from the paperwork )
      We left the office at about 4pm on Friday. They were going to file that night.
      They don't get the sace number until the file right? They said they would send us the info this week.
      The summons didn't have anything filed with the court. This creditor is already included in the bankruptcy.

Comment

Yes, but you still need to respond to the suit you were just served. Your attorney can do it by filing with the court the suggestion of bankruptcy. Your attorney will need a complete copy of the suit you were just served. He will have to add it to your petition in another area of the petition pertaining to active lawsuits.
        Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
        Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

What wonderful luck you have. Things are getting better already. You filed before notice of suit. Yes, a suggestion of bk will go out to all cases against you, as well as your matrix will give notice to all those others. You squeeked out on this one. LOL. 'Hub
          If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Hi its sunday and i just got served today for summons and complaint. Its the 22nd and it was issued the 6th and i am just getting this. I am confused as to what I need to do since I am filing chapter 7. I had already met with my lawyers went to court, I thought all i had to do now was wait for my discharge, but now I got this. Now what do it do?

Comment

[QUOTE=thecoxons;258160]Hi its sunday and i just got served today for summons and complaint. Its the 22nd and it was issued the 6th and i am just getting this. I am confused as to what I need to do since I am filing chapter 7. I had already met with my lawyers went to court, I thought all i had to do now was wait for my discharge, but now I got this. Now what do it do?[/QUOTE]

Call your attorney tomorrow morning - give him a copy of the summons so he can respond.
              Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
              Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Originally posted by momof3b1g View Post
                Ok we finally filed yesterday. I will feel better when we get the official word. Case number and all. Well today we get another summons and complaint "served" at the door. (different creditor then before)Its the basic blah blah blah. You have 20 days to awnser. I will call our attorney on Monday. I'm guessing he will call them or just let them get the info of the bk in the mail. Seeing its just an awnser. Will the notice of filing bk suffice?
                They will be notified as long as you included them on your MATRIX If the new CA? is not on the matrix then just have them added.
                Chapter 7 07/30/2008
                341 09/17/2008
                Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Thanks everyone. Yes they were already included in the petition.
                  I didn't see why I would have to do anything as i had already filed and the awnser whould be "we filed BK" sorry suckers!

Is it really a suit if there is nothing filed in the courts? The bk keeps them from moving futher, Right?

Oh how would you add something to the petion if its already been filed?

Comment

Originally posted by AngelinaCatHub View Post
                    a suggestion of bk

Why do they call it a suggestion of bk?

Comment

Originally posted by momof3b1g View Post
                      Why do they call it a suggestion of bk?
                      I would think that it's because the individual intends to file and has retained an attorney, but has not yet filed.
                      27 May 09: File Ch7
                      6 Jul 09: 341 Meeting, declared asset case, 341 continued
                      6 Aug 09: Continued 341 meeting, came to settlement with TT
                      6 Sept 09: Last Date for Creditor Objections

Comment

Originally posted by SuzieBK View Post
                        I would think that it's because the individual intends to file and has retained an attorney, but has not yet filed.
                        But it is sent after you have filed the bk.

Comment

You're not bankrupt until you're discharged at least in the legal sense.
                          Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

Originally posted by OhioFiler View Post
                            You're not bankrupt until you're discharged at least in the legal sense.
                            But suggestion is not the right phrase either. LOL If you have lareday flollowed through. Oh well guess it really doesn't matter.

Anyone ever seen what the letter looks like that they send and how soon they send them out? Do nay creditors find out before the mailed letter? Other then you telling them? I'm hoping by this weekend the calls start to stop.

Comment

Do you mind my asking how long it's been since your last payment and who the creditor was?

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X