First week of missed payments, I will file for CH7 in June r/o

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

First week of missed payments, I will file for CH7 in June r/o

How long should it be before I get a summons for the unpaid debts. I have a Discover card with $4800 owed, Target almost $6000, Saks around $3500 and a couple of smaller balances. I have read that some people get filed within 30 days of a missed payment and that the Sherrif brings the summons. I am really worried about this happening. I cant file until June due to being $4000 over the median. I am unemployed right now due to complications in my pregnancy and cannot afford to pay the creditors anything. I have a lawyer and she said forward any creditor calls to her office, I am worried though that they will just go with the summons before I file in June. Please offer any advice, thanks.

Noway to tell. It may be months or years or, never. Just depends on if a creditor thinks they may be able to recover something from a lawsuit.
    In general, you likely have 6 months or more before anyone sues.

Comment

Originally posted by anmartin31 View Post
      How long should it be before I get a summons for the unpaid debts. I have a Discover card with $4800 owed, Target almost $6000, Saks around $3500 and a couple of smaller balances. I have read that some people get filed within 30 days of a missed payment and that the Sherrif brings the summons. I am really worried about this happening. I cant file until June due to being $4000 over the median. I am unemployed right now due to complications in my pregnancy and cannot afford to pay the creditors anything. I have a lawyer and she said forward any creditor calls to her office, I am worried though that they will just go with the summons before I file in June. Please offer any advice, thanks.
      It took about 6 months for me. But, its different for everyone. My buddy has about five cards with over 25k, and he has not been challenged with a summons for over 2 years.

Seems like your debt is pretty low to file. I don't know your situation, of course, but I would try to come up with a payment plan with these creditors when you get back on your feet.

For example, I "saved" over 100k when I filed my 13. But, I have a decent job, and my payback is over 20k over 5 years.

good luck.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X