Letter to creditors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Letter to creditors?

Has anyone seen the letters sent to the creditors? Does it include the account number? Or is it just a form for all the creditors with your case number? I noticed one of our creditors for a dental bill the account number is wrong. They go by the first 3 letters of the last name and first 3 of first name. The petition is missing the first 2 letters of the last name. How important is the account number?
    Do the creditors look up the case number to see the account you have filed on?
    FILED CH7: 03/20/09
    341: May 11th, 2009
    DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

You don't actually even have to have the account numbers I've heard in the past. It usually helps so that they don't accidentally violate the stay.

If you've noticed an error let your lawyer know though.

Some creditors do go on PACER and view the case.
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Originally posted by JRScott View Post
      You don't actually even have to have the account numbers I've heard in the past. It usually helps so that they don't accidentally violate the stay.

If you've noticed an error let your lawyer know though.

Some creditors do go on PACER and view the case.

I realized after i went to bed that it was only the last 4 "digits" of the account. LOL DUH MOMENT! I think because it is letters through me off.

So do they just go by name? Because we have more then 1 account that is handled by the same creditor. You would think the account # would be very important.
      FILED CH7: 03/20/09
      341: May 11th, 2009
      DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X