top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Yet another car question...reaffirming & upside-down.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Yes, once you file all online access is cut off from almost every creditor. (This is the first time I have heard of one leaving it on when Relief posted the comment above).

If you have not filed yet and are not too far behind in your payments, go online right now and download ALL AVAILABLE HISTORY (statements) to your hard drive going back years. You may only need to provide 6 months of statements - but if either the panel trustee or the UST wants more, you have it for them. Do this for all of your banks, cc's, mtgs, any kind of statement you get online.

Read Jessiegirls posts and you will see what can happen ...the cc co's are not cooperative.
    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

We have been with Wachovia for over 2 years. They are the ONLY account that we still have access to.

We had over 20 credit cards and ALL of them cut off our online access and ALL of them closed our accounts immediately. Even cards like Zales Jewelry and Sears, that had zero balances and hadn't been used in over a year closed real fast!

I do have to say that Wachovia has been wonderful with us. I called them and explained the situation. Right over the phone, the lady lower our interest rate from 8.99% to 7%, then she added 12 more months to the loan to help us. This lower our payments over $100 a month. This was all accomplished in a 15 minute phonecall.

I give kudos to Wachovia for their willingness to help.
      Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
      341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
      Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

Clover, you are a perfect candidate for a ride-through. You will make a huge mistake reaffirming the car especially if you end up selling it when you move. You have negative equity. I would skip the 722 Redemption as well. It just doesn't seem to fit your plans.
        Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
        Working...
        X