top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Can someone explain, Matrix and listing of creditors?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Can someone explain, Matrix and listing of creditors?

How does this all work? What if the name is listed on the Matrix but not listed for the account? What if you have listed the collection agency but not the original creditor(except that the CA "owns" the debt)

When filing are you filing on the accounts themselves (no matter who currently holds them)or filing againts the creditor/CA who holds the account?

I can't rest until i feel better that all my bases are covered. I realized one our credit cards has gone to 2 CA's and is only 3 or 4 months behind. So I didn't get the 2nd one listed.

We have the address listed for a CA for one of dh accounts. But its not listed for mine but its on the Matrix. Does that matter? I'm assuming they will send a letter with only dh's name not mine. How do they know who not to call if the account numbers are not on the letter?
    Last edited by momof3b1g; 03-25-2009, 11:19 AM.
    FILED CH7: 03/20/09
    341: May 11th, 2009
    DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

I'm a little confused by your post, but let me try to explain how I understand the process works.

All of the creditors listed on Scheds. D, E and F should have also been put on the matrix. On the schedules, both the original creditor and the CA should have been listed. I think as long as the original creditor is listed you are safe though.

Hope that helps.
    Filed Ch. 7 Pro Se: 12/11/08
    341 Meeting: 1/7/09
    Trustee's Report of No Distribution: 1/9/09
    Discharged: 3/10/09

Comment

Originally posted by jennordhavn View Post
      I'm a little confused by your post, but let me try to explain how I understand the process works.

All of the creditors listed on Scheds. D, E and F should have also been put on the matrix. On the schedules, both the original creditor and the CA should have been listed. I think as long as the original creditor is listed you are safe though.

Hope that helps.
      Thats what i'm wondering. If i have the original creditor is listed the CA cannot collect? Wht about the other way around. Even though if the OC has sold it to a CA i'm sure they are not going to come back at you.

But I have a CA listed on the Matrix(the CA has 2 of our accounts, one for dh and one for me)So They are listed on the Matrix but only on the schedule for one of us. I'm just worreid that if they are not listed i would still be liable.
      FILED CH7: 03/20/09
      341: May 11th, 2009
      DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X