know what???/

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

know what???/

We had oooour 341 meeting on Tuesaday and th C.U, said it was gonna take the van back due to the fact we had to loans threw them you go bad on one you go bad on all, we are trying to get a car now with what little cash we have,but when we got home there was a letter from the C.U. about the other loan saying it was late and they would take legal action I thought bankruptcy stopped all that,can they still sue us?????????//

If you included them in your Creditor Matrix - the answer is No!

It was probably just one last 'Effort' by the CU to try to get some Money from you. I don't think you have anything to worry about.

It's a shame about your van though. I'm sure IF they pick up your van, they will be losing money. Were you current on your van payments? Have you tried to negogiate with them?

Credit Unions are bad about Cross Collateralizing all loans, secured or non-secured.

I wouldn't make it easy for them to pick up your Van. Keep driving it if you can afford the insurance. Just make sure you've cleaned it out and only registration and insurance card is left in it.

Luci

Comment

Okay the CU is violating the stay of the court. If you filed with a lawyer take the letter to your lawyer. They cannot contact you or even take the van. They could take the van once the court waives the stay, or wait til after you discharge.

They cannot still sue you, this is a clear violation of the stay.
      May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
      July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
      September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Okay the CU is violating the stay of the court. If you filed with a lawyer take the letter to your lawyer. They cannot contact you or even take the van. They could take the van once the court waives the stay, or wait til after you discharge.

They cannot still sue you, this is a clear violation of the stay.
        May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
        July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
        September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Contact your attorney.
          But I would call the CU and tell them if the contact you again or take your van they will be introduced to a federal judge over the matter.
          They know better.

Comment

Originally posted by kenshirley View Post
            Contact your attorney.
            But I would call the CU and tell them if the contact you again or take your van they will be introduced to a federal judge over the matter.
            They know better.
            Don't contact the CU you have an automatic stay. they should only be sending you informational notices at this point. You need to turn that letter over to your lawyer.
            Chapter 7 07/30/2008
            341 09/17/2008
            Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Aw, but it is a thrill to be the one that threatens for a change.

Comment

That is crazy about them taking the van back!

I might be in the same boat! I will miss my van too. Seems like they would want to make a deal. Hope you find something soon!

Comment

Originally posted by beachymama View Post
                  That is crazy about them taking the van back!

I might be in the same boat! I will miss my van too. Seems like they would want to make a deal. Hope you find something soon!
                  CU's cross collateralize the loans some CU's will work with you others will not.
                  Chapter 7 07/30/2008
                  341 09/17/2008
                  Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                  Working...
                  X