Original Creditors/collection agencies?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Original Creditors/collection agencies?

How do you know if an account has been sold to a CA? Or if they are just the collection agency working for the OC?
    I have gotten a letter from a CA for my Walmart cc. But i am still receiving WM statements. (While typing this i noticed it says it been placed with the CA for collection and to go to the WM.com site to make payment.)

So in this case if I only listed WM on my petition/matrix I'm good.

I will have to check the other accounts. I was thinking if it went to collections it was sold/transferred. But not always true. It does get confusing when the letters start coming in.

Ok on another account it went to a CA, then what looks like another CA. But the address to send payment is the same as on the statements. So in this case it hasn't been sold either? These companies are just working for the OC? So listing the Oc on the matrix, the OC has notified the so called CA?
    FILED CH7: 03/20/09
    341: May 11th, 2009
    DISCHARGED: July 13th, 2009

Needless to say collection agencies are hired by the original creditor and the collection agencies are not notified unless you listed them on your BK.
    You would have to contact your attorney or the original creditor yourself if you filed pro se to get the collections agencies off of you.

Comment

Originally posted by kenshirley View Post
      Needless to say collection agencies are hired by the original creditor and the collection agencies are not notified unless you listed them on your BK.
      You would have to contact your attorney or the original creditor yourself if you filed pro se to get the collections agencies off of you.
      Actually all calls have stopped even thoughs we didn't get the CA listed. So I am thinking they must have contacted them. I was thinking shoot they will keep calling because we didn't get them listed but nope no calls. I noticed on those CA we didn't list the OC still seems to hold the account.

Accounts that have been sold i'm sure need to be listed.

Comment

Our attorney told us to list the original creditors as that was who my contractual obligation was with.
        Made sense to me anyway.

Comment

Originally posted by kenshirley View Post
          Our attorney told us to list the original creditors as that was who my contractual obligation was with.
          Made sense to me anyway.
          True but it never stopped the CA from coming after you and getting a judgement. So it would make sense to list them too.

Comment

It sounds like this CA is really just assigned to make collection and doesn't own the debt as you still pay the OC. When the OC found out about the BK they called off the CA and probably tried to sell it to a JDB.

Holy Cow, could I type any more acronyms.
            Filed - 12/24/08 (Merry Christmas Credit Cards!)
            341 - 2/5/09
            Confirmation - 3/13/09....Happy Dance!!!

Comment

Originally posted by EricaCallaha View Post
              It sounds like this CA is really just assigned to make collection and doesn't own the debt as you still pay the OC. When the OC found out about the BK they called off the CA and probably tried to sell it to a JDB.

Thats what i figured. But do i have to worry about the JDB? Are they allowed to sell it if we are filing bk on it?

Comment

They can sell it to whoever they want and probably will. Of all the claims that have been filed in our 13, only one is with the original creditor. Now that your are doing a 7, they will just write it off as bad debt. No big deal.

No worries.
                Filed - 12/24/08 (Merry Christmas Credit Cards!)
                341 - 2/5/09
                Confirmation - 3/13/09....Happy Dance!!!

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                Working...
                X