Finally!! After 387 Days Discharged!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Finally!! After 387 Days Discharged!!

I'm not much of a poster here but have read countless posts. I have learned more than I ever wanted to know about BK. Thank you to everyone here for sharing information and their stories. Even though at times it was hell it was always comforting to know this board was here for support. For those just starting out, just know it will get better.
    My one advise to anyone doing this with an attorney is do not go with the first attorney you find, do your homework. consult 2-3 different ones.
    Here's my story.

Filed Ch7 March 2008 over median. At 341 trustee declares no asset case but UST has problems with my schedules, files 707(b) pushes for conversion to Ch13 with 100% payback and $1500 monthly payment ouch!. Ch13 341 turns into a mess. My attorney doesn't show up but has a representative from his office, that has no clue about my case show up. Attorney had no payment plan or first payment ready nothing. Ch13 trustee comes unglued and comes this close to dismissing the case immediately. At the last second trustee orders conversion back to ch7. Then my case just sits, for almost 5 months, it just sits there. I check PACER everyday for the last year, nothing. Call attorney numerous times to see what's going on. No Response. Finally get fed up and consulted a close friend that happens to be a BK attorney. I kick myself for not going to him first but I was embarrassed to have someone I know that I was filing. Lesson learned. He does some probing and questioning with an acquaintance of his that happens to be a trustee. He makes a few calls to the court last week and says to me check PACER again in a week or so, I think you might be surprised. Well today I check PACER and it says: It appearing that the debtor is entitled to a discharge, IT IS ORDERED: The debtor is granted a discharge under section 727 of title 11, United States Code, (the Bankruptcy Code).

OMG! Can it be? It's done? Can I finally get on with my life with a fresh start? What a roller coaster ride. From a Ch7 no asset, to a Ch13 with 100% payback & $1500/month payment, back to a Ch7, to hey guess what you're discharged!

congratulations!!! Sounds like you earned this one

Comment

Hey, hey, hey - bring out the hamsters - it's happy dance time!!!! - jb
      jb - A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes.
      Filed - 2/27/09
      341 - 4/3/09
      Discharged - 6/20/2009

Comment

Oh my god, this one deserves two. Wake up you lazy rodents, wake up granny too, she has to dance in this one.

AND NOW.........OUR UNOFFICIAL DANCE OF VICTORY, comes......our hamsters:

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

Enjoy the videos and music you love, upload original content, and share it all with friends, family, and the world on YouTube.

If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

WOW what a story. It goes to show how bad things could get.
          congrats on your discharge.
          Chapter 7 07/30/2008
          341 09/17/2008
          Discharge 11/21/2008

Comment

Wow! Thank goodness for your happy ending!! It's great to know that endings like this exist--CONGRATULATIONS!!

Comment

Congrats to you

This is why you never give up

Good Luck in Future
              May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
              July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
              September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

Hey Kathy watch what you type lol

Originally posted by kathy4530050 View Post
                Wow! Thank goodness for your happy ending!! It's great to know that endings like this exist--CONGRATULATIONS!!
                So happy your story turned out for you...what a major pain in the buttski...Glad your done and go have a .....happy ending lol

Comment

wow!

what a wonderful relief!!!!
                  CONGRATS!!!
                  B x
                  filed Ch 7 Oct 31st 2008.
                  341 Dec 10th 2008.
                  DiSCHARGED Feb 10th 2009

Comment

Congratulations on your discharge! Wow, what a difficult Ch 7! Time to celebrate now!
                    Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                    Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Congrats!

I do agree to consult 2-3 atty's but we used the first one!!!

Have a great fresh start!
                      Filed: 11/25/08 - chp 7 no asset
                      Discharged: 2/24/09 CLOSED 3/7/09!

Comment

CONGRATS TO YOU

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X