Should gf change bank accounts???

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Should gf change bank accounts???

Couldn't find anything in a search but here goes. My girlfriend is filing for CH 7 and she has a 341 meeting scheduled for April 30. She banks at US bank and also had a couple of credit cards with them that she included in the bankruptcy. They have closed those credit cards but not her checking account. Can US bank take any money from her account without her knowledge? Should she change banks just to be safe? She gets her paycheck direct deposited so if they do take money it would be an issue. Thanks
    Filed September 15 2009
    Confirmed December 15 2009 :yahoo
    Discharged! 1/31/12 New beginning has begun!

Until she is discharged they can't do anything to her. Once she is discharged she won't owe them anything so there is nothing they can do to her then either. She'll have a fresh start.
    Well, I did. Every one of 'em. Mostly I remember the last one. The wild finish. A guy standing on a station platform in the rain with a comical look in his face because his insides have been kicked out. -Rick

Comment

My Atty got a letter from my credit union that said if I want to maintain my membership I need to reaffirm my credit card and line of credit with them along with my car loan (which I am reaffirming).

I'm going to another bank at lunch today to open a new savings & checking account. After 11 years with the same cu, they are being dicks about this whole thing. I've had a few loans with them over the years and they have made plenty of money off me. Oh well. Cest la vie (did I write that right?).

It's gonna be a PITA because I'm gonna have to change my direct deposit and my online bill paying stuff for my cell & other bills.

Oh, and they also froze my accounts, so I can't even go online to transfer $ from my checking to my car loan to make the payment. Bastards. Oh, but they did send me a waiver to sign if I want to have access to my money. I wonder if that includes being able to use my debit card again???
      Filed Chpt 7: 3/20/09
      341 mtg: 4/29/09
      Discharge: 6/30/09

Comment

Originally posted by Clover329 View Post
        My Atty got a letter from my credit union that said if I want to maintain my membership I need to reaffirm my credit card and line of credit with them along with my car loan (which I am reaffirming).

I'm going to another bank at lunch today to open a new savings & checking account. After 11 years with the same cu, they are being dicks about this whole thing. I've had a few loans with them over the years and they have made plenty of money off me. Oh well. Cest la vie (did I write that right?).

It's gonna be a PITA because I'm gonna have to change my direct deposit and my online bill paying stuff for my cell & other bills.

Oh, and they also froze my accounts, so I can't even go online to transfer $ from my checking to my car loan to make the payment. Bastards. Oh, but they did send me a waiver to sign if I want to have access to my money. I wonder if that includes being able to use my debit card again???
        I am expecting this to happen with my CU too when I file. I'm planning on keeping my car but I also have a CC with them I'll be including. I'd certainly like to walk away free & clear from the CC debt but I'm sure they'll make me reaffirm that as well. The CC debt is only about $2900 so it's not the end of the world. I already opened an account with a new bank to avoid the other problems you are having.
        Filed 5/29/09
        Discharged 9/14/09

Comment

Originally posted by mamaluv View Post
          I am expecting this to happen with my CU too when I file. I'm planning on keeping my car but I also have a CC with them I'll be including. I'd certainly like to walk away free & clear from the CC debt but I'm sure they'll make me reaffirm that as well. The CC debt is only about $2900 so it's not the end of the world. I already opened an account with a new bank to avoid the other problems you are having.
          My cc & line of credit total about 2500 with the credit union and my car loan is 9400. I just opened a checking with a new bank and started to switch all my banking stuff to the new checking account including my direct deposit.

I told my lawyer to tell my old bank to piss off.
          Filed Chpt 7: 3/20/09
          341 mtg: 4/29/09
          Discharge: 6/30/09

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
          Working...
          X