top Ad Widget

Collapse

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Is it possible to modify a mortgage during bankruptcy?

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Is it possible to modify a mortgage during bankruptcy?

We are current on our mortgage and would like to keep the house. However like so many others our home is underwater and we were foolish enough to take an interest only mortgage which can adjust 5/2010. The first morgtage alone is more than the house is worth and we also have another 100K HELOC.

Are lenders willing to modify loans during the bankruptcy proceedings? We would like to get a fixed rate. Or does it all depend on the lender?

Anybody have experience dealing with GMAC mortgage?

Thanks!

Originally posted by howtoplan View Post
    Are lenders willing to modify loans during the bankruptcy proceedings? We would like to get a fixed rate. Or does it all depend on the lender?
    Depends on the lender. I would get the modification in place first, then consider filing.

Comment

We were hoping to do a loan mod and actually were told by attorney that there is a slim chance during bankruptcy. So we waited to file, however our mortgage lender (first horizon) denied it anyway
      From this day on I move FORWARD!!!
      Filed Chapter 7 on 3/20/09!
      Discharged 6/2009

Comment

We are discharged and CitiMortgage is working on a loan mod. for us right now.
        Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
        341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
        Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

Originally posted by howtoplan View Post
          We are current on our mortgage and would like to keep the house. However like so many others our home is underwater and we were foolish enough to take an interest only mortgage which can adjust 5/2010. The first morgtage alone is more than the house is worth and we also have another 100K HELOC.

Anybody have experience dealing with GMAC mortgage?

Thanks!

I forgot to mention in the pm that if you do go for a loan mod make sure you get it in place before you file...
          "I'm old enough to know better, but too young to care"
          Filed Chapter 7 January 25th 2010
          341 Hearing March 4th 2010
          Discharged May 10th 2010

Comment

You can but you need to get consent letter from court..otherwise wait for discharge and working on loan mod is easier.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
            Working...
            X