TODAY - realizing the "fresh start"

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

TODAY - realizing the "fresh start"

We are (2) weeks post discharge and made the BEST decision today. Those that have followed our BK journey, know that I had issues regarding my vehicle.

After serious thinking over the past weekend, today we drove to the Mercedes dealership and surrendered my car since we didn't reaffirm. We decided that we want a "complete new start debt free". We could have just kept paying and do the ride-through, but WHY waste this opportunity to be FREE.

I TRULY HAVE A FRESH NEW START. The freedom I feel is beyond words. (that's a funny phrase cuz I sure am typing a lot of words..LOL)

It was just a "thing" that I really didn't need. I have a spare mini-SUV to drive for now, and when I save enough cash to buy a more "gas-friendly" car I will buy it then.

I've learned a lot in the last 7 months.
    Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
    341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
    Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Good for you! I am so happy for you. I wish I was discharged already but can't find the guts to file yet!

Comment

If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

Originally posted by Beeheery View Post
        Good for you! I am so happy for you. I wish I was discharged already but can't find the guts to file yet!
        Ms. B: The hardest part of any journey, is the first step. Go forth, it is not a bad journey. It is practical and you are not the first and certainly will not be last as I see in our World today. MAKE THAT FIRST STEP, it is all downhill from there. 'Hub
        If I knew it all, would I be here?? Hang in there = Retained attorney 8-06, Filed 12-28-07, Discharge 8-13-08, Finally CLOSED 11-3-09, 3-31-10 AP Dismissed, Informed by incompetent lawyer of CLOSED status, October 14, 2010.

Comment

I learned a lot of my wisdom right here on this forum. When we first filed, I had the mentality that I couldn't live without my Benz.

Well guess what.............I CAN AND I WILL.

My whole attitude has changed. I still love "stuff", but will only buy the stuff when I can afford it.

Thanks to TEW - comments you have made opened my eyes.
          Chapter 7 filed 10/21/2008
          341 - 11/26 went smooth NO ASSET
          Took 115 days after 341 - But Finally DISCHARGED 3/25/09

Comment

Bravo
            From this day on I move FORWARD!!!
            Filed Chapter 7 on 3/20/09!
            Discharged 6/2009

Comment

How fantastic for you!!

I wish you all the best and you made the right decision for you and that always feels good!

My decision was no other debt other than a mortgage and small car loans..I cannot buy junkers every time i have they cost me too much money... Hubby drives 3 hours a day and needs reliable and a warranty.... and peace of mind... if we did not drive a lot though i would do the same as you!

Well done!
              B x
              filed Ch 7 Oct 31st 2008.
              341 Dec 10th 2008.
              DiSCHARGED Feb 10th 2009

Comment

Congratulations Relief on your new found freedom!
                Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Yes, it's an awesome feeling 'unplugging' from the Matrix!!! The hell with materialism!!!

GOOD FOR YOU!!! wOOt!
                  Filed: 11/25/08 - chp 7 no asset
                  Discharged: 2/24/09 CLOSED 3/7/09!

Comment

Congratulatoins.

DH drove a Benz for almost 10 yrs. The lease was due in Nov 08 but with the huge paycut he turned it in last August. It was a bitter-sweet moment.

The local dealership had been slipping a lot in their service so we don't miss that.

Best wishes for your debt free living.

Comment

Congratulations on the lightbulb moment. Your freedom is worth much more than "junk". Like you we are going cash only post bk. Never again will we own a credit card or need a car loan. That day can't come soon enough for me. I'm glad your time has arrived.
                      Ch 7 filed: 3/30
                      341: 5/12
                      Discharged and Closed 7/20: Now known as- Free Willy

Comment

Originally posted by relief13035 View Post
                        I learned a lot of my wisdom right here on this forum. When we first filed, I had the mentality that I couldn't live without my Benz.

Well guess what.............I CAN AND I WILL.

My whole attitude has changed. I still love "stuff", but will only buy the stuff when I can afford it.

Thanks to TEW - comments you have made opened my eyes.
                        Great decision. You know what, it's just a car anyway. People need to get over this obsession with their car defining them. Well, it seems to be a lot worse in California than other places. You made the right decision.

One of my uncles used to drive a shit-box beaten up car. Yet he had 20 times the money of everyone else. He never struggled with money and was never in debt. The feeling of being debt free and out of bondage is now much more important than the superficial feeling of 'hey look at my car stranger'.

PS Audi's are better and sexier anyway.
                        My comments are solely based on my opinion. The information and links that I have
                        posted are provided solely for informational purposes, and do not constitute legal advice

Comment

Isn't that the best feeling?! Congratulations! You will never look at cars, houses, or the world the same way again (and that's a good thing).

Comment

Good for you!!!! What a great "moment" and realizing that you really didn't need that Benz.... Enjoy your "complete fresh start"....
                            May 2008 Hired 1st Attorney/Stopped paying CCs
                            May 21, 2009 Retained 2nd Attorney
                            May 28th - Filed for Ch 7 (FINALLY!)
                            9/11/09 - DISCHARGED!!!!

Comment

Did you drop it off at Walters ?? Quick, whats the plate # , i'm gonna run over and see if they will make me a deal.............kidding......i would not look right in one. I drive a 96 Dodge Ram 300K miles going strong. I believe in driving cars to death. truck has been paid off since 2001. told my wife to bury me in it.

You made a good decision. take that money you save and buy some retirement property outside of Ca before the Governator takes what little money you have left. thats what i'm gonna do when I get through this. i learned a lesson. cash is King

I live in a neighborhood where homes were $1M 2 years ago, boy did i think I was rich, and they would never go down. now they are going for less than $500K. everybody took their equity and bought Benzes and Bmers, drive around with personalized plates. now that the markets tanked they sneak away during the night hiding from their neighbors, leaving their house behind in forclosure, but keeping their car . I often wonder where they move to, because your problems always follow you.
                              Stopped Paying CC's 2/2009. Retained Attorney 1/10/2010 Filed 1/23/2010. Discharged 5/19/10 $187K CC, $240K 2nd,$417K 1st, No asset Ch-7

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                              Working...
                              X