No announcement yet.

car repo - toyota

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

I don't understand why you are now going back on your decision to file for bk. It really doesn't make sense. Your home is foreclosing and vehicles being repossessed. You will still owe those debts and hiding won't make them go away. Why would your rather live like a criminal instead of sucking it up, filing for bk and being responsible from now on?

Originally posted by debtmonster View Post
    The way around that is... don't get into accidents. Just pay attention. As long as it's the other person's fault, you're A-Okay.

If I put a car in my name that is paid in full without going BK, then a CA can put a lien on it and snatch the car.

Otherwise I will have to find a way to get a friend to put the lien on the car. How do you do that?
    12/05/08 - filed pro se
    01/27/09 - case dismissed and closed - 02/24/09 - case reopened and dismissal vacated
    04/01/09 - new 341 scheduled
    6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Originally posted by blankslate View Post
      I don't understand why you are now going back on your decision to file for bk. It really doesn't make sense. Your home is foreclosing and vehicles being repossessed. You will still owe those debts and hiding won't make them go away. Why would your rather live like a criminal instead of sucking it up, filing for bk and being responsible from now on?
      You're not in my shoes. You're not going to be homeless. It takes thousands of dollars for us to move and pay to find a new place. For the money I gave the lawyer, I could be using that to put down for an apartment.

I am so broke that we are using our Shell gas card just to buy food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is not funny anymore.

Comment

The way around that is... don't get into accidents. Just pay attention. As long as it's the other person's fault, you're A-Okay.

Really? Doesn't matter how careful you are - stuff happens. And someone runs a light and either you hit them or they hit you - they sue, you AND the person that owns the car YOU are driving?

If I put a car in my name that is paid in full without going BK, then a CA can put a lien on it and snatch the car.

Well, yeah - that is the way it is suppose to work.

Otherwise I will have to find a way to get a friend to put the lien on the car. How do you do that?

My point is that are going to put a car you are driving everyday in a friends name and have them assume the liability that it entails is something I wouldn't even think about doing to someone.

If you had them put the loan in their name all all you would have to do is lie to the Trustee - at least the only liability they would have would be having to pay your loan if you couldn't - not possibility losing everything they own if you do it the other way. - jb
        jb - A little knowledge is a wonderful thing - sometimes.
        Filed - 2/27/09
        341 - 4/3/09
        Discharged - 6/20/2009

Comment

You're being too dramatic. Stop being such a worry-wart. You need to think positive and stop dwelling on negative things that have not happened and may never happen.

Most of us here have nothing worth coming after, so who cares. Let them come after me. I'll be happy to include them in my Chapter 7 if I can ever get around to filing it.

Just because somebody sues you doesn't mean they automatically get the money.

Comment

Oh believe me, I've been there with a child to feed. A year ago we were homeless for a month and were fortunate that my boss let me have her previous rental house for that month (she'd moved out but paid rent till the end of the month so it was empty.

You've already paid the attorney, that money is his. Might as well keep going with it. I'm not trying to be judgmental but I see a lot of things you are wasting money on that could be used for your move and food. The furniture payment, why bother? Stop paying it, use that for food. You've got a house full of items that you're going to put into a storage unit you can't afford. It's time to liquidate and sell it off. You need cash, not a stainless steel fridge and dishwasher that are not going to impress anyone in a storage unit. I had to sell everything of even remote value, DVD's, keyboard, guitar, EVERYTHING and I sold it for fractions of what it was bought for. That stuff is just sitting there, it isn't filling your tummy or putting gas in the car and it's a waste.

You're not in my shoes. You're not going to be homeless. It takes thousands of dollars for us to move and pay to find a new place. For the money I gave the lawyer, I could be using that to put down for an apartment.

I am so broke that we are using our Shell gas card just to buy food!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is not funny anymore.
            12/05/08 - filed pro se
            01/27/09 - case dismissed and closed - 02/24/09 - case reopened and dismissal vacated
            04/01/09 - new 341 scheduled
            6/02/09 - DISCHARGED!!!

Comment

Whenever I move to a new place, I will be so sorry for giving away $5,000 dollars worth of appliances for hundreds of dollars.

Not paying on the furniture won't even put a dent in me having thousands for relocation costs. I need to exchange thousands of dollars of stuff not to pay on... not $75. I haven't paid on the appliances in 4 months. Those were all paid for by the 2nd mortgage which I stopped paying.

What I need is for somebody to loan me a car for 6 to 8 months so I can give mine back. Not paying on the BMW is saving me $750/mo, but that isn't enough. I need to cut an extra $309 on the sedan.

What I truly need is a way to find out how to stop paying taxes. That's the worse offender of them all. This paying super high taxes on self-employment income is a killer. I am paying double taxes than what a person working W2 would pay. All of the things I am spending money on are not so tax deductible.

They need to leave taxes to people making above $200-300k... not us poor people making $80k and under. Last year we had a household income of $33k. HOW PATHETIC!!!!!

My tax guy put a ton of miles for my write-off which knocked off over $10,000. When I move, I won't have those miles since I will live in the city close to everything.

Comment

DM, you can choose to file BK and end this or decide to remain in financial h*ll for the rest of your life. Your choice.

Once you file, you automatically get 60-90 days without having to pay anything. You can save all the funds that you are currently spending to move. It does not cost thousands to move unless you are moving your entire household of stuff. The others are right, get less attached to your stuff. File, get discharged, sell your stuff and move.

Most of us are on that plan and it works. It's not the easiest thing, but believe me it is easier than what you are now proposing.

But, it's your choice.
                Filed CH 7 9/30/2008
                Discharged Jan 5, 2009! Closed Jan 18, 2009

I am not an attorney. None of my advice is legal advice in any way..

Comment

Selling stuff where I live now is next to impossible. I've already tried. We sold a like new sofa just barely over 1 year old that I paid $1200 for and only got $120! I'm not doing that with the rest of the stuff we owe. I want my $8000 exemption and I want to keep everything for the new place we are moving to.

I just got paid $3000 for the month and already spent over $2000 already in one day!! Man, do I EVER need to go bankrupt!!!!

Comment

Yeah, that's true, they're really quick with repo'ing your car when a few payments are still due. There's not much you can do about that, keeping the car away from your home is no long-term solution. I had problems with insurance payments a few years ago but I had to sell the car anyway since I was going to move to Germany. I liked the German car insurance companies better, they are not that strict and you can discuss late payments with them. They always try to find a good solution for both parties.

Comment

You're being too dramatic. Stop being such a worry-wart. You need to think positive and stop dwelling on negative things that have not happened and may never happen.

Most of us here have nothing worth coming after, so who cares. Let them come after me. I'll be happy to include them in my Chapter 7 if I can ever get around to filing it.

Just because somebody sues you doesn't mean they automatically get the money.
                      Old DebtMonster has been floating around this forum for over a year; still hasn't filed...confusing as to why.

Comment

We couldn't afford to pay movers or move into a new place large enough for our stuff. We just left most of it behind before we were evicted, and packed what we could load ourselves into the one rental truck we could afford. For instance, we left our nice washer/dryer, ride-on mower, player piano, etc., and moved into an apartment where we could share our landlord's laundry. A shame, perhaps, but the fresh start is worth it in the longer term. (It's also partly how we end up now with so much in liabilities and so little in assets.)

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
                        Working...
                        X