1st CC called today

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

1st CC called today

So I missed my first CC payment WAMU now Chase due on March 31. They started calling today at least 5-6 times on two separate phone lines so a total of about 10-12 calls between 8am and 12pm.

Anyways, I was sleeping. When I woke up I decided to call them. I felt a bit confident from all the good advice here. The lady I spoke to was not very clear and her English was hard to understand. I think I frustrated her because I kept saying I couldn't understand her.

She informed me I was late on my March Payment and asked when I could pay. I said mid May (probably file Bk by then). She asked if I could pay sooner and I said, "Why, you already charged me a $40 late fee!" She said she would waive the late fee if I made a payment. WOW, Couldn't believe it. Rat bastards never agreed to waive the late fee in the past. Although I've always asked after making the payment.

Anyways she said my next due date was end of April and would be late again if I paid in May. I said okay. She became frustrated but said she would note my account, end of conversation. No more calls. Yeah. We'll see what happens.

Sometimes talking to them causes less frequency of calls. However you should never agree to send payment at any time, that restarts a clock, though with you planning to file bk that's not all that important .

Just tell them that you do not have the money this month and hope to get them some the next month.

She was probably from India or Pakistan, a lot of phone service comes from there. They are taught to read the teleprompter and getting off the trail from it frustrates them.
    May 31st, 2007: Petition Filed by my lawyer
    July 2nd, 2007: 341 Meeting Held
    September 4th, 2007: Discharged and Closed.

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
    Working...
    X