child support taken from check where does it go on petition

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

child support taken from check where does it go on petition

My friend (in MD) is filing CH7, he is current on child support and has never been in arrears, it comes directly from his paycheck. He is filing pro se. Does this child support (801/mo) need to be put on schedule E, I don't think it does, as he is current and it is a payroll deduction.

He did put it on his Schedule J, expenditures on line 14, support paid to others. Is that the only place it needs to be put? The forms are confusing enough.

Also, does a 401k need to be listed? I see on Schedule B interest in IRA, ERISA, etc, but no mention of a 401k, I know 401k's are exempt, but does it need to be listed, it is a payroll deduction, but even w/o the deduction, he is still in the negative -500 /mo in the means.

My husband's attorney put child support paid on Schedule I line 4(d) Other (specify).401k contribution went there too.

The lawyer did not list the child support on Schedule J. I'm guessing it should only be listed on the petition once, and if it's deducted from a paycheck it goes on Schedule I, and if it is paid as an expense it goes on schedule J. Not both.

Comment

Hi,

With the rise of the number of divorces in recent times, it is quite common to find couples fighting bitterly over child custody. Needless to say, the entire process of battling is intensely traumatic for both parties, especially the children involved. Decisions like who the children shall stay with and the visiting time given to the other parent to visit his or her own children are not just difficult to make but are also emotionally trying.
      Parental Alienation

Comment

bottom Ad Widget

Collapse
      Working...
      X